Daisy

"Well, first I got a laptop and I looked up my name, but it didn't work so I hacked into SHIELD instead," Daisy admitted. "It was easier than I thought it would be. Then I looked myself up, found my name changed from Skye Coulson, and that my dad was named Phil Coulson. Then I looked up his current address and how to get there, planned my trip, and then got here."

"You hacked into SHIELD?" Agent Coulson asked, either shocked or excited. She couldn't tell.

"Yeah," Daisy replied. "Got bored one day. Anyway, here I am. I hope you want me because I cannot leave otherwise I will have to go back to LA and I don't want that. Also, I stole a car, and I think it's a good idea to give it back."

"Yeah, I think so too," Agent Coulson said. "You really shouldn't steal. And we can drive it back tomorrow."

Daisy smiled. "Tomorrow?"

"Well, it's not like you're going anywhere," the agent replied. "Eat." He slid the plate of hot pizza rolls in front of her.

Daisy grinned wider and bit into one. "Thanks for letting me stay."

"Are you kidding? I've been wanting to see you for more than a decade," he said. "SHIELD and its no-contact rule was hard. But Daisy, I need you to understand one thing."

"Yeah?"

"I'm not your biological father," he said. "That's a different guy, and your biological mother wanted to kill you so we had to put you in the system so she couldn't find you. Some day, when you're better prepared, we can look into contacting your dad. Okay?"

Daisy nodded with her mouth full. "Capiche."

Agent Coulson relaxed slightly and got himself a glass of water. "So, why now?" he asked idly as she ate. "Why not last year, or next year?"

"I'm going into high school this year," Daisy replied, making a face. "Freshman year. I wanted to, y'know, start fresh."

Agent Coulson chuckled. "Dad joke." He waved it off. "Do you want to go to SHIELD high school? It's right around the block," he said, waving in a general direction to the left of him. "I teach there."

Daisy perked up. "Is it fun?"

The agent thought about it. "Yeah. It's not as different from regular schools as you might think it is, but it's not the same, either. There's enough drama going around, though. After we return that car, we could visit the school and meet a few of the year-rounders, if you want."

She grinned. "I do want that. Best birthday ever," Daisy said. "Ooh, can I have a new identity again? I don't like this one."

"Maybe," Agent Coulson said. "Who do you want to be now?"

"Daisy as my first name still, May as my last name. I could also take your last name if you want," she offered. "I don't mind. It's a bit of a mouthful though. And it might be weird since you teach there."

He considered it. "So 'Daisy May' for appearances and 'Daisy May-Coulson' legally?" Daisy nodded, and Agent Coulson smiled. "I do like the sound of that." There was a few minutes of silence before he spoke up again. "Why would you trust me this easily?" he asked. "You've never met me before. I could be a murderer for all you know."

Daisy shrugged. "Your face says otherwise."

"My face?"

"You have a dork face," she said, waving a pizza roll in the air. "Also, I read, like, your entire life story."

Agent Coulson raised an eyebrow.

"Your mission reports, at least," Daisy amended. "They're pretty interesting."