''Tell me how your day went,''

May headed downstairs as she got a text from Phil that told her he was coming back in five minutes. She opened the garage door manually, since the electric would've made too much movement and woken up Daisy. It was only 5:30 in the morning, and she'd be extra grumpy. May watched as Lola pulled into the garage hovering and Phil parked his car quickly.

"Good morning," he greeted her cheerfully. "Did you get enough sleep?"

"I'm fine," she replied softly, walking over to him. "Need any help?"

Phil handed her a bag and closed the trunk. "Thanks."

They walked to the kitchen and unloaded the groceries. Phil began a pot of coffee.

May shook her head. "You two with the coffee. You know that's bad for you, right?" She leaned on the counter. "Addictive?"

Phil shrugged and took a sip. "It keeps me awake and alert," he retorted. "Though I feel kind of warm. Do I have a fever?"

May raised an eyebrow and pressed the back of her hand to his cheek. "You don't feel too hot," she replied, flipping her hand so her palm cradled the side of his face. "Although you're warmer than usual."

Phil reached up and placed his hand on top of hers gently. He put his mug down on the countertop.

May rolled her eyes, but didn't pull away, staring determinedly into his eyes.

"You found your ring," Phil said quietly, thumb brushing over it rhythmically. "Were you snooping on my desk?"

"Yeah." May could see the look Daisy was talking about as he gazed back at her. "I didn't realize you kept them. I always thought they went into props or evidence."

"I rescued them," Phil admitted proudly. "They were going to scrap them and I just didn't want them to go to waste. I liked that mission."

"It was fun." There was no denying it now. Their faces were less than a foot apart, and Phil had that same face as he did the first time she kissed him genuinely. When he confessed his "undying" love for her, which seemed to be true enough. "And I do like the ring."

"Melinda-"

"You know, I've never gotten used to that," May said softly, leaning in closer. "You really only called me that when we were together. And mostly, you called me Em."

"You want me to do that again?" Phil was smiling like an idiot as he closed the gap between their torsos.

"I-" May noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and sighed. She pulled her hand out of Phil's grasp and he let her walk over to the staircase landing. "Daisy, I know you're there."

The girl appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "Mhm. Go on. I'm not disturbing you or anything." Daisy had a small grin on her face. "I felt you park. Very interesting flirting styles you've got there, May."

Phil rolled his eyes. "Daisy-"

"I'm gonna go to my room, I just need my breakfast." The cadet walked over and poured herself a big mug of coffee, before opening the cabinet to grab an unopened box of Oops! All Berries. Daisy got two bowls and matching spoons and a pint of ice cream and balanced them all in her arms. "Have fun, kids. Use protection-" and she booked it up the stairs.

The two agents heard a faint "Shit!" as they assumed Daisy accidentally spilled a little coffee onto herself.

May checked to watch the girl's bedroom door close before grabbing Phil's collar and kissing him lightly. "Tell me how your day went," she said softly as she let her hand drift to his.

Phil looked dazed, and May led the two of them out to the sunroom where they sat and talked. Not anything more than a conversation, but they enjoyed it nonetheless. Eventually, Phil fell asleep on her shoulder, and May watched the sun rise over the trees by the fence.

-

Phil woke up in the same position he was in, but May was gone. He felt someone next to him though. "May?" he asked hopefully.

"Daisy," he daughter said. "Cadet May, though, so you're not too far off." She shifted and sat with her legs crossed to face him as he sat up. "So, I heard you guys kissed."

Phil raised his eyebrow. "Me and who?"

"You and May!" Daisy kicked him a little. "Come on, Dad. Is this the history that you talked about when you talked about Agent 7?"

"Yeah." Phil ran a hand over his face. "That was years ago, though."

"Now it's back!" Daisy shook his shoulders to wake him up more. "She's the coolest person ever. Don't break up this time! Just- just stay and be annoying until she goes back to normal."

Phil smiled. "I'm well aware that she's the coolest person ever. When we were at the Academy, she beat up some of the biggest guys around. The rest of the year, her and our friends started this thing where we chant 'May supremacy' every time we see her beat someone up. And I'll try my hardest to be annoying and keep it this time. Where's she now?"

Daisy shrugged. "She's getting ready to go out. She's taking me to lunch in Boston. She told me to give you this, though." She tossed him a ring box. "Are you guys getting hitched?"

If he was drinking something Phil would've choked. "Not that I know of," he said. He opened the box, and his wedding ring stood shining, stuffed between cushions. He slid it on, pretending to be nonchalant. "Is it just the two of you at lunch?"

Daisy watched his movements amusedly. "No, Director Carter and Mary Sousa are joining us. I was hoping for a mother-daughter day out but this is good too. Connections," she added with jazz hands and a grin. "I drove Simmons back already, and I made coffee. Also, how do I look?"

Phil motioned for her to twirl, and her cream-coloured skirt flared as she did. "Vintage," he commented. "I think May would like your shirt. Why the skirt?"

Daisy grinned. "She got it for me. This whole thing, complete with-" she held up a pair of suede ankle boots- "these beauties here. I feel pretty."

"You look great," Phil assured her, before catching a glimpse of May coming down the stairs. As he saw her fully, his mouth almost opened and closed like a dying fish, but years of staring and being a professional let him keep what little he had of his dignity. "May- you look-"

"Hey, why do you get to wear pants?" Daisy accused her SO. "Now I feel overdressed!"

"You should look especially nice when you're meeting them," May said. "You can never go wrong in that outfit."

May herself was wearing Phil's cornflower blue shirt, which she had clearly stolen from his closet, and white pants.

"You two match," he said with a grin. "Cute." He snapped a photo with his phone before anyone could object. "Have fun at your lunch."

May patted his shoulder as Daisy grabbed her keys. "Have fun moping around the house all day," she replied, hand resting on the nape of his neck.

Phil traced his thumb over her knuckles and tapped her wrist silently. A tiny signal that meant "I love you" casually. He listened to her little huff of a laugh and smiled. "Bye," he said idly as he felt her presence move away. "Be safe."