The Train - Paris to Poitiers

A TRAIN

CARMEN IS WITH GRAY

GRAY IS TRYING TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT

ZACK AND IVY ARE IN THE NEXT COMPARTMENT

SHADOWSAN IS WITH ZACK AND IVY

ACME IS SOMEWHERE ELSE

PLAYER IS AT HOME, BUT LISTENING TO THE SCENE THROUGH CARMEN.

Carmen Sandiego had always had mixed feelings for Gray.

Graham Calloway... At first he was a roommate; then he was a big brother; then an enemy; now a romantic interest.

But they had no choice but to be enemies.

And here they were.

"I want the whole story." Gray's face looked like it had a stony mask plastered over it. He raised his eyebrows; an inclination to start.

So the Scarlet Superthief narrated painful memories, from the moment she had been found as a baby to her request to the VILE faculty to become a thief as 'Black Sheep', and then to escaping VILE island and taking on the name Carmen Sandiego.' Player was listening in as well.

In that half-an-hour or so, Carmen thought she saw Gray's face soften for a while. She thought she could see traces of... Hesitation?

Finally, the train had stopped. As the doors opened, Gray smiled sadly. "I guess this is goodbye, Black Sheep." He got up to exit. Just as he had almost jumped out of the train, Carmen yelled.

"Wait!"

"Carmen? What are you doing?" Player asked.

Gray looked back. "What?"

"I- I love you."

"WHAT?!" Player yelled.

Gray got back on the train at the very last moment.

Carmen was singing:

"So many mornings I woke up confused;

In my dreams I do anything I want to you.

My emotions are naked,

They're taking me out of my mind."

"I'll have to admit... your voice is beautiful," Gray chuckled.

"Shameless, by Camila Cabello." Carmen smiled. "You know, Gray, I've put you in hospital a fair few times in my head," she whispered, biting her lip as she saw Gray wince. "But I've kissed you many more."

Gray was awestruck. "I don't know what to say to that, mate."

"I know," said Carmen. "You just needed to know."

Carmen kissed his cheek, before she broke the train roof and vanished into the night.