The Kiss - A Rooftop in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

SIX MONTHS LATER

CARMEN IS UNDER VILE'S MIND CONTROL

GRAY IS TRYING TO HELP; HE WORKS AGAINST VILE NOW

ZACK AND IVY ARE ON THE RUN

SHADOWSAN IS TRYING TO FIND CARMEN

ACME IS STILL SOMEWHERE

PLAYER IS AT HOME, BUT LISTENING TO THE SCENE THROUGH GRAY.

Graham Calloway had always had mixed feelings for Carmen.

Carmen Sandiego... first she was a roommate; then she was a little sister; then an enemy; now a romantic interest.

But now they were forced to fight; now on the sides that the other was normally on.

And here they were.

"C-Carmen?"

Gray broke out in a sweat. Carmen Sandiego's eyes were not their usual color; they were a bright electric green. She had a cold, surveilling gaze, and her vivid red wardrobe had changed to black, grey and white.

But her voice ... her voice was the worst of all.

"Oho," she laughed. She sounded oddly distorted, as if her voice was breaking, and someone with a much deeper voice was speaking at the same time as her. "Look who it is. The so-called 'Graham Crackle.' Ha. I'm hilarious "

"Oh god," whispered Player.

Graham's pupils dilated in fear. "Carm... Don't you recognize me? It's me, Gray!"

"Oh, I know who you are."

She pulled out a sword, and let out a battle cry as she launched forward. Gray pulled out his own and had to quickly defend against Carmen's swings.

"You're the one who's always held me back," she seethed venomously, punctuating every word with a blow. "I would have destroyed my enemies by now if I hadn't been scared for YOU. If I hadn't loved you."

Graham gasped. He went limp. Tears streamed from his eyes.

"And now," she said, smirking, "I am so much more than you could have ever thought.'

"Gray! Gray, are you alright?" Player asked. By the sound of it, he was biting his nails.

Gray threw his sword away and dropped down on both knees. He lowered his head,

"Do it, then" he murmured quietly. Carmen raised an eyebrow.

"I said, DO IT!" Gray screamed, sobbing. "Because I would rather die, die a million times, even if it were by your hands, that see you like this. Please, Carmen. Do it. I beg of you. One last favor."

"GRAHAM, NO!" Player screamed.

"Player, I don't care anymore," Gray muttered furiously. His breath was uneven and shaky. "Just tell Shadowsan once she's done it."

Carmen rolled her eyes and raised her sword. Gray raised his head, looked her straight in the eye, and uttered what he thought would be his last words.

"I love you too, Carmen."

Carmen gasped. She paused, and let Gray continue. Gray thought he saw her dress turn red for a moment and her eyes switch color.

"I've loved you more than you could ever imagine. It's just that VILE never cared about that stuff, and I never learned what love really was. But people along the way have told me, and I finally figured it out. So there. I love you."

He looked down again and closed his eyes, bracing himself for impact.

What he felt was a very different kind of impact.

When Gray opened his eyes, the real Carmen Sandiego was back, and she was kneeling beside him. Her clothes were red again, and her eyes were their normal color and shining with ecstasy.

And she was kissing him.

Gray leaned into her and kissed her back. He lifted a shaky hand to Carmen's hair and stroked it lightly. She smiled a tiny bit, and put her arms around Gray's waist. He put his other hand on her cheek.

Their lips floated away.

"What the-" Player said.

"She kissed me," murmured an awestruck Graham.

"Gray... will you ever forgive me? I don't think these scars go away that easily..." Carmen said in her normal voice as she fidgeted with her hair.

Gray smiled. "They already have," he said cheekily, giving her a short kiss on her cheek. Carmen blushed.

Not so far away, Shadowsan watched his former students, cracking a rare smile.

"Zack, Ivy," he said into his earpiece. "It's safe to come here."