Chapter 19

Land a single blow. That is the only condition that the prince set and it would be his key to bind Kalen in joining their quest to get the Babylon candle.

All he needs to figure out now is how he can possibly make it happen. Noah is no warrior, and he knew he couldn't win head on with Kalen, especially in sword fighting. Abala ang kanyang isipan sa kakaisip kung ano ang nararapat gawin ng hindi na niya napansin ang daang tinatahak, bigla siyang napangiwi ng may mabangga siya sa pasilyo ng palasyo and land him on the floor totally forgetting what was disturbing his thoughts earlier.

"You are distracted" puna ni Roma sa kanya.

Napabuntong-hininga si Noah. "Papayag lamang si Kalen na sumama sa ating paglalakbay kung maglalaban kami and if I can land a single hit on him. And yes, I am distracted because I don't know how I can possibly do that" pag-aamin niya habang dahan-dahan muling tumayo .

"If you cannot win through strength, use your wit and cleverness. There are no rules set for this fight. Use your imagination" Roma offered some advice that only gave Noah's headache.

That morning Noah was getting ready for the battle and was putting on his armor with him ng mapansin niya na may kumakatok sa kanyang pinto, mabilis niya itong tinugunan at bumulagta sa kanya ang nakangiting si Lilian na walang pasabing pumasok sa kanyang silid.

"Ano ang ginagawa mo Noah?" Tanong nito na may halong pagtataka habang nakatingin sa baluting isinusuot niya.

He smiled awkwardly. I received an invitation from the prince to do a sparring, but he lied.

"Why would you agree?" She asked back.

"Well, I mean there is nothing else I do around here so why not?"

"You are lying, do you know you usually say well in your sentences when you are not speaking the truth? What is this about really?"

He got caught red-handed. He breathed; he had no choice but to come out clean. "Roma found a way that can bring us home but it's not a walk in the park. We need Kalen's help. I know you want to focus on what you can do for this realm for now, but I am thinking ahead, once this is over if you want to go back you can come with me and I want whenever you are ready, we would have the means to do so." Seryosong sagot nito.

Lilian can see that Noah means well and she appreciates how he is trying to find a way to go back home but she cannot whisk away the fact that Noah cannot beat Kalen in this fight ever.

"You are going to get hurt." Lilian pointed out habang di maitago ang pag-aalala.

And then it dawned on him. There might be a way to win against Kalen and all he needs is a bit of luck.

"Lilian, can you do me a favor?" Noah asked while he reached out and held her hand.

Napatango si Lilian unsure how she can help.

"Watch the fight and be on my side. And when you see that I am losing against the prince offer me words of encouragement." Saad nito.

Lilian had no idea how it can help her friend pero nagparaya ito sa gusto ni Noah and she nodded eventually.

Noah smiled and embraced Lilian tightly.

The intensity of the crowd who gathered around to witness the fight is electrifying. The soldiers were in full support of their prince and the clashing of blade and shield served as a chant that made Noah feel even more nervous.

He changed his stance and stood leaning forward habang nakahawak nang mahigpit ang kanyang kamay sa bitbit nitong sandata. His eyes were on his opponent, and he couldn't help but think this was a bad idea. Kalen looked naturally intimidated in his armor, he was poised and elegantly waving his blade like a fashion show. Noah adjusted his helmet as he suddenly felt suffocated inside it, he is not used to these types of armories and his body felt unfamiliar to him, but it was too late to back out now. He agreed to this fight, and he needs to see it through for the sake of his goal.