Chapter 23

Lilian opened her arms again still holding on to the bloody heart of Marlin as she released powerful fire in her surroundings. She smells the burning flesh of the soldiers who perished in the earlier fight as the trees catch the embers of her rampage.

"Lilian stop..." Kalen painfully grunted as he watched her move from one body to another burning everything under her watch. Blood was all over his armor staining even his beautiful gray hair.

Napahinto si Lilian sa kanyang paglalakad at biglang napalingon sa kinaroroonan ni Kalen. She bent her knees and watched him. Her hair extended to the floor and Kalen tried to reach out touching her strands with his bloody hands.

"Please, Lilian stop..." He whispered again.

She momentarily felt sorrowful as she lightly touched Kalen's fingertips but the ominous rage inside her was feeding her core like burning lava, and she was quick to whisk the feeling away. Her cold eyes stared at Kalen one last time before she decided to walk away.

Muli siyang tumayo at naglakad papalayo kay Kalen, denying any compassion or pity she might sense towards these beings. At a distant nakita din niya na nakahandusay ang katawan ni Ardan, his beautiful face lies lifeless on the ground, and saw the damage Marlin did to the young king. She walked further and stumbled upon Obene this time.

Her heart felt heavy, so she stopped and touched Obene's handsome face. Hinawi niya ang buhok nito and felt his cold flesh. A tinge of pain hit her chest.

"Leave her body at once!" Roma shouted, tapping his staff on the ground and it roared like thunder.

Napalingon ng dahan-dahan si Lilian unbothered by his display of power habang nakatingin ng mataimtim ito kay Roma. She took her time to watch him from head to foot, testing and provoking him.

She smiled. "Ahhhhh the sorcerer that trapped me for a long long time. I should harbor hatred against you, first, you interfere with Aelle's incantation and even take his body away from me. Ngunit pinapatawad na kita, you delivered me the perfect host. The years of waiting finally paid off" aniya na nakabukas ang mga braso welcoming her whole being.

"She is not for your taking! Release her!" Saad ulit nito.

"You cannot command me, how dare you! If you want this body back... Take it by force" she threatened.

A compelling force was blasted towards Roma as it quickly spread across the forest. "And this body is so powerful too," she uttered to herself laughing.

Roma glided speedily and pounded his wooden staff towards Lilian which she effortlessly dodged, she turned aside and sent a huge magical ball against him, he barely avoided it and grazed his arm trying to turn it away. It could have ended his life if it hit him at full speed.

She threw another spark of blue flame and Roma rolled over trying to find a place where he could hide. He can't beat the dark lord this way. He needs to think.

"Don't be a cowardly sorcerer... Fight me with all you might" she taunted flickering fire to where he possibly is.

"Lilian, I know you are in there..." Roma shouted. "You are stronger than this, you have to fight the dark lord out" he uttered trying to talk sense hoping it could reach her.

She laughed once again.

"She has abandoned all reasoning now Sorcerer. Her fury is filling her whole, she wouldn't be able to hear you anymore and soon enough I will own this body for good. Give it up, you cannot have her back" she menacingly laughs.

"Lilian listen to me!" Roma uttered once again...

The dark lord found his hiding place and using Lilian's body she easily pulled him out exposing him in the open, Roma stumbled on the ground. She picked him up again and this time Lilian was aiming for his neck. Her strong hands went around him, Roma wriggled trying to breathe, but Lilian was not letting him go.