Just A Dare

Jeong Jaehyun

"Jeong Jaehyun!"

I looked around only to see a petite girl who has a rosy white complexion, long ginger hair, and a bright smile, calling out my attention in the middle of the school grounds that I am walking.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for quite a long time but I don't have the courage to face you.."

Still confused, I creased my brows while looking at her. I don't recognize her of any sort nor I have any idea how she knew me or why she's calling out my name.

She breathes heavily before spatting out her words.

"I like you."

I stopped moving. It feels like every single muscle in my being declined to function. Did I really heard her right?

I don't know what to say that I didn't realized I have been silent for quite a while. I tried to open my mouth to say some words when the girl slowly burst into laughters that she held her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"Pfft- I'm sorry, I can't do this. That was just a dare from my friends. I hope you won't take it seriously," she said while tapping my shoulders and bid her goodbye.

What was that? I look at the group of girls that the girl went to and saw that they are laughing while giving 'high five' to each other.

To say that my day was ruined is an understatement.

As if that wasn't enough. I was doing my usual study session at the library when somebody suddenly shouted.

"Jeong Jaehyun, I really like you! Please marry me!"

As the only person with that name here in school, I searched around and saw the same girl looking at me with a big smile on her face.

My friend, Taeyong, nudged me and looked at me teasingly.

"Is that your girlfriend, Jae?"

I flushed so hard that I don't know how to react. Nearly everyone in the library have their eyes on me waiting for my reply.

"Mr. Jeong Jaehyun, please drag out your girlfriend and stop causing commotions in the library!"

The librarian shot me with daggers in her eyes while other students nodded and stated their aggreements.

Without any choice, I embarrassingly rose up from my seat and went out of the library to face that girl. Damn. Why is she doing this?

"It's just a dare, don't take it to heart."

And she just laughed while storming out to get away from the situation.

"Nice one, Minjeong."

Then another high five from her friend with chinky eyes.

Kim Minjeong. That woman is really starting to irritate the shit out of me.

The day after that, Kim Minjeong and her friends are always gathered in the corridor where our year level are resided. Before I could ever go to my classroom she would always say her famous line.

"Jeong Jaehyun, I like you."

Paired with her next words..

"Just kidding."

While laughing her heart out with her friends.

Because of her constant antics, people in our school would start to believe that we are dating. My friends would always tease me with her that they would even push me when she would pass by our classroom.