17 - Finder's Keepers

The Light Fae male's gaze flared as he stared at the plank at his feet.

When he looked up again at Katsuki, his gaze had turned flat and ugly. He said in a strongly accented voice, "That wreck, and everything on it, is mine. You made a big mistake, and not a healthy one for either you or your pretty companion."

Izuku heaved a sigh.

He did not just say that, did he?

To Katsuki, of all people.

Katsuki blurred. He took hold of the Light Fae male in both hands, lifted him in the air and twisted at the waist to slam him into a table so hard the table collapsed, with him on it.

Katsuki followed him down, kneeling to hold the other man pinned by the throat.

"Aaaand, that's assault and battery," Izuku muttered.

Did officials in another country have the legal authority to throw the Head of an Archaic Domain in jail?

He didn't know the answer to that. Not that it necessarily mattered since the question was purely hypothetical.

If it came to that, the authorities couldn't trap him long enough to put him in jail, and anyway, Katsuki would demolish any building with jail cells in it.

The whole thing would become a legal snarl that would clog up the Archaic Tribunal for months and years.

No wonder Katsuki's lawyers were so rich. He was a litigator's wet dream.

He pinched the bridge of his nose to stave off a growing headache. He noticed one of the waitstaff was on the phone, no doubt calling the local police.

The Light Fae male struggled, but he could gain no purchase against the iron hand that gripped him.

"Your mistakes are getting worse, my friend," he hissed. "There are many more of us than there are of you."

"You dare to threaten me?" Katsuki hauled the Light Fae male close to his cold, hard, angry face. "My husband says that I can't kill you for being an asshole. He has a much kinder heart than I do. If you or any of your men come anywhere near us, I will take you apart. Slowly."

The Light Fae male's face purpled. He clawed at Katsuki's hand and spat out a long string of words in the strange language Izuku had noticed last night. He didn't have to understand what he said to know he wasn't apologizing.

Izuku tried smiling at the waitstaff. They stared at him, frozen.

He said, "We'll pay for the damages, of course, and for everybody's meal."

Katsuki threw the Light Fae male one-handed across the room.

He slammed into the wall and slumped to the floor. Then Katsuki stood. He was so quick, so inhumanely graceful, that just the simple movement of rising to his feet made the skin at the back of Izuku's neck prickle.

It would set a very bad precedent if Katsuki had any clue how he affected him when he behaved so badly so he tried to play it cool.

"You've had your fun. Are you done now?"

Eyes still glowing with fury, Katsuki stretched his neck and nodded. He bent to pick up the plank and said to the bartender, "Send the bill to Bakugo Enterprises."

The bartender nodded.

The Light Fae male lifted his head. His expression underwent a drastic transformation. "Draco."

Finally. Now that the other male had realized who- or more likely WHAT Katsuki is, maybe he would grow some sanity and leave them the hell alone.

Katsuki reached Izuku, his face like a thundercloud. Izuku held the door open for him. Neither one of them said a word until they had walked back to the SUV.