c h a p t e r f o u r t y - f o u r

" Secret jokes all alone/ No one's home, sixteen and wild"

Y/N Southgate- 'All Of The Girls You Loved Before'

The weekend had arrived, and Mason's sister, Jaz, had kindly offered to look after Pressley and her daughter, Summer, for a couple of days. It was an opportunity for Y/N and Mason to have some time for themselves, and they had decided to spend a night at Declan's house in London.

Mason and Y/N had been looking forward to this little getaway. They arrived at Declan's house, a cozy place in the heart of London. As they entered the front door, the familiar scent of Declan's place, a mix of fresh coffee and scented candles, filled the air. Declan was a fantastic host, and he had a gaming room that was the stuff of legends. Y/N had always enjoyed visiting him because she loved a good gaming session.

The evening began with some casual gaming and reminiscing about old times. Mason, Declan, and Y/N had spent countless hours together playing video games when they were younger. It was one of those nights where they could relive those moments.

As the night wore on, they introduced alcohol into the mix. Declan had an impressive collection of drinks, and they enjoyed a few drinks as they played. The competition grew fierce, with each of them determined to win the FIFA tournament they had spontaneously started. Laughter and friendly banter filled the room, echoing with the fond memories of their shared history.

Y/N, Mason, and Declan were evenly matched in FIFA skills, which only added to the excitement. Each goal was celebrated with triumphant shouts and high-fives, while the occasional miss or brilliant save was met with groans and laughter. The room was electric with energy, and for a moment, they were teenagers again, caught up in the thrill of the game.

The night turned into the early hours of the morning, but none of them wanted it to end. As the games continued, they shared stories and anecdotes from their youth, deepening the bonds of friendship that had carried them through the years.

Finally, after an epic FIFA tournament that left them all breathless, Mason emerged as the victor. He raised his hands in triumph and did a little victory dance, much to the amusement of Y/N and Declan. They congratulated him on his well-deserved win, and Y/N couldn't help but give him a playful kiss on the cheek.

As the night began to fade, they retreated to the comfortable seating area, where they shared more drinks and stories. They talked about life, dreams, and the journey they had taken together, from carefree teenagers to adults facing the world.

It was a night to remember, a night filled with laughter, competition, and camaraderie. They cherished the moments they had spent together, the memories that had been created, and the friendship that had remained steadfast through the years.

Eventually, the exhaustion of the night's festivities caught up with them. Mason and Y/N settled down on the couch, the alcohol and adrenaline-induced tiredness enveloping them. They rested their heads against one another, basking in the warmth of each other's presence.

In the soft glow of the gaming room, Mason whispered sweet words to Y/N, professing his love and gratitude for her. With a contented smile, they closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep, wrapped in the comforting embrace of the past and the promises of the future.