c h a p t e r f i f t y - n i n e

'It's you and me, that's my whole world'

Y/N Southgate - 'Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince'

The sun dipped low over the turquoise waters of Mykonos as Mason and Y/N strolled along the pristine beach, hand in hand. The soft whispers of the waves and the gentle sea breeze created a tranquil atmosphere, perfect for what Mason had been planning.

As they found a secluded spot, the golden hues of the setting sun casting a warm glow around them, Mason stopped and turned to Y/N. His eyes sparkled with a mixture of nerves and excitement.

"Y/N," Mason began, his voice carrying a tone that caught Y/N's attention, "we've been through so much together, and every moment with you has been a blessing. I can't imagine my life without you, and I don't want to. Will you marry me?"

Y/N's eyes widened, and she felt her heart swell with emotion. The sun had dipped below the horizon, leaving a canvas of stars above them. She nodded, her voice catching as she said, "Yes, Mason. Yes, a thousand times."

With a delighted grin, Mason slid a stunning ring onto her finger, sealing the promise of a lifetime together. They held each other in a lingering embrace, the world around them seemingly fading away.

Later, back at their luxurious hotel, the joyous atmosphere continued. The shared laughter and excitement from the beach lingered as they entered their suite. The night, however, held more surprises.

In the privacy of their room, Mason and Y/N celebrated their engagement in a way only they could. The intimacy of the moment, the depth of their connection, and the love they shared reached new heights.

Afterwards, wrapped in each other's arms, they decided to share their joy with their loved ones. With hearts still racing, they dialed their parents' numbers and Declan's, putting them on a video call.

The reactions were a beautiful chorus of cheers and tears. Pressley, in Declan's arms, had a bewildered expression that turned into pure excitement when she heard the news. Their families were overjoyed, showering them with congratulations and well wishes.

Before saying goodnight to their families, Mason, with a playful glint in his eye, addressed Y/N, "Goodnight, Mrs. Mount."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, and Mason thought he might have teased her too much. But then, a smile spread across her face, and he realized that, in that moment, everything was perfect. Mason knew, as did Y/N, that they were exactly where they wanted to be.

a/n:

That's it for this book. I hope you enjoyed reading it - I will have another Mason Mount book out soon called 'Love Story'.