🐶❤️Just friends-Caine x NB reader

Things about Y/N
There really isn't much to say about this y/n besides a super long backstory I'm not gonna spoil, they're pretty neutral.

It was a casual day in the digital world. You were just casually taking a walk with your best friend, Jax. Nothing was out of the ordinary, per the usual, you were both just on your way to the lake. You zoned out a bit, thinking about what you were gonna do when you got there...

"Hello Y/N, Jax! Wonderful weather we're having!"

You were snapped out of your trance by a voice that wasn't Jax. You looked up and saw Caine above you, holding something behind his back.

"Hey, whaddaya want?" Jax questioned. "Well," Caine responded. "I simply wanted to see if dear Y/N would like to speak with me in about an hour...?" He seemed a bit nervous, you wondered why. "Sure!" You responded cheerfully, it wasn't anything new to you. "S-splendid!" Caine stuttered out, he finally took his hands from behind his back, quickly shoving a bouquet of flowers into your arms, waving goodbye, and teleporting elsewhere. You stared down at the flowers, in shock. They were F/F, your favorite. How did he know? Jax bent down so he was at your height,  grinning ear to ear. "So, what's with you and Caine?" He asked smugly. "What? Nothing!" You responded.

"People don't just give flowers to other people...unless someone died, I don't think you were that close to Kaufie, though."

"I'm sure it was just a friendly gesture, Caine and I have been friends forever."

Shameless flashback input

You were the second of the current group to arrive, you showed up about a year after Kinger, but you were really young when you showed up, only sixteen, actually. The fact that you would never see your family or friends again, the fact that this was your life now...it was all too much for you. You fell into a deep depression, not caring about the fact that you might abstract. Caine may have sensed you almost reaching your breaking point or something, because he would visit you daily, whenever you told him about something you liked, he would bring you it. He didn't give up, slowly but surely helping you out of this hole you buried yourself in. You grew attached to both Caine and Kinger. Kinger has always felt like a brother to you, you and Caine both had to support him when Queener abstracted, which just brought the three of you closer. Caine had felt like something more to you, but you decided not to think much of it.

That is, until Jax brought up the possibility of him liking you too.

Timeskip

You met Caine an hour later in a weird restaurant you don't remember existing. Most of the tables were filled with NPCs, except for the one in the very center, there was a candlelit chandelier directly above that one, a vase of roses placed in the middle of the table, Caine sat on the right side, nervously tapping his foot. He spotted you a few seconds later. "Oh, Y-Y/N, come on, sit down, make yourself comfortable, dinner's on me!"

He never said anything about dinner, you felt kind of guilty.

"You wanted to talk about something?" You asked. "Oh, yes." He hesitantly responded. " I suppose I should cut to the chase." He takes a few deep breaths "Y/N, I..." he struggled, he just couldn't seem to spit out what he wanted to say.

"Don't worry, take your ti-"

"Y/N, I LOVE YOU!"
He screamed at the top of his lungs. Nobody reacted, probably because they were NPCs. You were simply flabbergasted. He looked down in regret for a bit, it seems he took the silence as a rejection.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I shouldn't have told y-"

"CAINE, I LOVE YOU TOO"
You repeated with just as much enthusiasm. His lower jaw dropped as the two of you sat in silence. After a minute of the comfortable silence, he got up and hugged you.

"Y/N, would you give me the pleasure of being your partner?" He asked. You simply nodded in his arms. You could practically feel the moon's jealousy from miles away.

What you didn't know is that Caine is super big on PDA, so, you can imagine how much Jax harassed you when the next 'morning' he overhears Caine calling you "darling."

Word count-748