prologue

Name: y/n y/l/n

Born: Britain, but your family moved to the States when you were 5 years old. 

Other info: only child, loved football from when you could walk

After having an amazing season for the Houston Dash at the age of 17, you were called to join Arsenal in the WSL. You signed at the age of 18. At the time Leah was 22.

You first met Leah by accident:

You were on a flight to London, your true home. Although your baggage got put onto the wrong flight, a flight all the way to Australia. You messaged the manager saying the recent events that have unfolded and were unable to get to London until mid day the following day. He was nice and understanding and told you that it was completely out of your control and he was excited to meet you tomorrow. 

After a long day of flying, not having any type of physical activity, you asked your managed if you could after the signing have a quick gym session before meeting the girls. Of course he agreed, he also said that the girl would be the pitch at the time so you could do a gym session and then after after the girls freshen up they would meet you.

You were still the gym, he said that there training would end at 4 (as they had an afternoon training) and you should be meet at the conference room at 4.30. The time was now 3.30 so you have another 45 mins to kill. For your gym session you focused on upper body; shoulders, back and abs. You felt amazing especially after being on planes for the last 24 hours. 

After 30 mins, your favourite song came on: Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon. Being a rest from your first set of pull ups, you decided to start to singing.

OohBalloons are deflated
Guess they look lifeless like me
We miss you on your side of the bed, mmm
Still got your things here
And they stare at me like souvenirs
Don't wanna let you out my head

Just like the day that I met you
The day I thought forever
Said that you love me
But that'll last for never
It's cold outside
Like when you walked out my life
Why you walk out my life?

I get like this every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
'Cause I remember every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
Do you ever think of me?

You were so consumed by the lyrics of the song, you didn't notice that you had company. 

no
(Ooh) no-no, no
(Ooh, ooh, ooh) ooh, nah

I'm buildin' my hopes up
Like presents unopened 'til this day
I still see the messages you read, mmm
I'm foolishly patient
(Foolishly patient)
Can't get past the taste of your lips
(Taste of your lips)
Don't wanna let you out my head

Just like the day that I met you
The day I thought forever
Said that you love me
But that'll last for never
It's cold outside
Like when you walked out my life
Why you walk out my life? (My life)

You continued to sing. 

I get like this every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
'Cause I remember every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
Do you ever think of me?
of me
'Cause I think of you, think of you

After the song had finished, you realised you had a bit of an audience, that being Beth Mead and Leah Williamson. 

"Shit, sorry. I don't realise I had company."

"Hey, no worries. We just came you let you know that the girls are nearly ready to meet you and you should finish up," Beth said.

"Ok thanks. I kinda got lost in the music but I'm done now. I'll head up in 5."

"Nah, it's all good. At least you have a good voice. Some people here are so tone deaf it isn't funny," Leah said, nudging Beth on the hips.

"We'll see you very soon."

After the meeting something just clicked you and Leah. Only being at the club for 6 months, your bond had formed quickly, becoming best friends. After that 4 months later, Leah confessed that she liked you and asked you out on a date.

After several dates and continuous teasing from your teammates (2 months), Leah asked you be her girlfriend and you said yes. (At this point you have been at Arsenal for a year so you were 19).

Everything was smooth sailing until the worst came. Leah tore acl (this is 2023, you are now 22 and Leah is her age now so 26). This caused a major shift in your relationship. She become cold and distant. You thought nothing of it as this injury would cause her to miss the World Cup but most of overall cause her to not play what she played for a year. 

After her surgery, things just got worse. She would constant start fights over the littlest things, you were constantly fighting. Most of the time you just left to Beth's house to give Leah her space. 

After 4 month, you had enough of the fighting and arguing and confronted her. 

"What's wrong Leah? After you tore your acl, we haven't been the same."

"Nothing."

"It's definitely something Leah, you constantly starting fights and we are always arguing."

"For fuck sakes, I said it was nothing. Can't you just give me some space?"

"Are you shitting me? For the last 4 months I have been giving you nothing but space. So now I want to talk. Tell me what is going on or what I'm doing wrong."

"You want the truth, I have fallen out of love for you."

You stood there paralysed.

"What?"

"I have fallen out of love for you."

"Is there someone else?"

She sat there silent. That was my answer.

"Fuck you. How could you do this me? You were my everything. I love you. I would have done everything for you. You were one who asked my out. You were the one who asked me to be your girlfriend. You were the one who said 'I love you' first. And now this? Who is it?"

She still sat there silent.

"Who the fuck is it?"

"Jordan."

After that you got up packed everything you could messaged Beth and asked if you stay at her house for bit and you would explain later.

After that day something inside you died that day. In the last few games, you became harsh and ruthless, continuously getting yellow cards. You were so heartbroken, you couldn't play the one thing that brought you joy. Everyone saw the change in you, and they didn't like it. But they couldn't say anything.

During the pre-season you found out that one of your absolute besties, Alessia Russo, was coming to play at Arsenal. You were over the moon. It kinda changed your stone cold heart.

You and Alessia shared a house as you moved out your shared house with Leah. 

You two were a dynamic duo at the start of the session, assisting each other. 

That all came crashing down when Leah came back from her injury in January. Before her injury you two had a bond that reflected on the pitch, but now that bond was broken, shattered. 

This caused you loss your starting spot. Jonas choose Leah over you, even though your bond with your bestie allowed Arsenal to remain top 3 on the ladder. 

Just before the transfer period, everything changed.