grocery store - chapter three

diane pov:
as soon as my darling y/n left, i sighed and watched her walk away through the window. and no not in a creepy way.

my jaw clenched and my face hardened as i thought of y/n's selfish mother. she doesn't deserve to be my sweet girl's mom.

y/n is mine.

i checked the time and sighed. it was only 2pm, maybe i could go grocery shopping.

i grabbed my purse and coat, and opened the door. y/n's house was right across from mine, but i frowned when i saw her mom's car was gone.

where has that awful woman taken my girl?

i rolled my eyes and got into my car, pulling out of the driveway and making my way to the store.

it wasn't too long of a drive but i was bored. i didn't have y/n with me to keep me company.

i parked the car and walked into the grocery store with my purse over my shoulder.

i was in the soup section when all of a sudden i heard a sweet angelic familiar voice.

my baby.

i turned around to find where her voice was coming from, and then i saw her. with her "mother".

i bit my lip. do i say hi? is that weird? no. i'll say hi, i don't care. i miss her.

i waved slightly at her, getting her attention quickly. "hi y/n!" i said sweetly.

y/n pov:
i was at the grocery store with my mum, because she needed to get some things for supper.

i was already missing diane. she made me feel so safe and loved.

"are we going home after this mum?" i asked curiously.

my mother ignored me, while pushing the shopping cart through the aisle. typical.

i sighed and looked around the store, when all of a sudden a waving hand caught my attention.

it was diane!!

i waved back and smiled softly. i turned to my mom "hey mom that's our neighbour, diane! can i go say hello?" i asked with excitement in my voice.

my mother sighed and nodded her head.

i walked over to diane and hugged her, laying my head on her chest. "i missed you so much diane." i said with a sad voice.

she cooed and stroked my hair with one hand, her other wrapped around my body. "oh sweetie but it's only been about an hour? is everything okay??" diane asked softly.

"my mother just doesn't like me. we don't get along very well." i said with a shaking voice.

diane looked down at me with sad eyes, she spoke softly "well i very much like you honey, i don't see how anyone couldn't like you"

i blushed and smiled softly, "thank you diane, you're very kind."

just as diane was about to say something, my mother yelled across the aisle, "y/n get over here! we're leaving!"

i sighed and looked up at diane "i'm sorry i have to go now. i guess i'll see you around." i said sadly

the older woman frowned and nodded, "okay honey, but if you ever need to get away from her, just run on over to my house okay? i'll always be here for my little y/n." she said softly

i hugged her with tears in my eyes and buried my head in her chest.

she rubs my back in soft circles and kisses the top of my head, "how about i give you my phone number so we can talk more, how does that sound baby?" she suggested.

"baby"

i nodded and handed her my phone with a huge smile on my face.

she typed for a few minutes and then handed me back my phone. "there you go honey!"

i looked down and saw she put her name in as "diane❤️❤️" i blushed and smiled.

"okay well my mom is probably gonna kill me if i don't go right now so i'll text you when i get home!" i said with a frown.

"okay sweet girl, bye bye!" diane replied.

i walked back over to my mom and we left the store.

i can't wait to see diane again.