Venator: Part 1

"So...what's in it for me?" A deep voice asks curiously when he receives a bag of strange gadgets.

"Isn't it obvious? You get revenge on the mutants you despise so much." A woman's voice replies. At this, the burly man smiles.

"Soon, the world will be rid of those monsters."

~~~~

"Yuri-unnie. You know what day it is soon, right?" A tall young girl asks.

"I don't know, Wonyoung. I have a lot of things coming up, so there hasn't been much time to think." The aforementioned girl replies, feigning ignorance. Yuri had just been taking a walk around campus before having to go to her schedule at night when her youngest friend called her attention.

"Yah, unnie. I've been hinting at it all month!" The maknae complains, much to the amusement of Yuri.

"I was just kidding! It's your birthday in a week. Jeez, do you think I'd forget the birthday of our precious maknae?" The short-haired girl says with a laugh, playfully pinching the younger girl's cheeks.

"Why do you ask though? Do you want an expensive gift just because my album went platinum?"

"Ugh, unnie, it isn't like that. My birthday coming up means Yujin-unnie's is coming up, and I'm wondering what to prepare for her." Wonyoung says with a cute pout. Now that she and Yujin were officially together, that would make this upcoming birthday very important. Cash wouldn't suffice as a gift this time.

"Isn't this something you should be asking Yena? She's much closer with Yujin than me." Yuri replies.

"I would, but I can't seem to find her anywhere! Besides, Yujin-unnie being similar to Yena-unnie means you should have a good guess on what her interests are." Wonyoung argues which gets the pop star thinking.

"Hmm, well, I do know they both like to play games. Sometimes, I wonder if Yena enjoys goofing with Yujin more than she does hanging out with me." Yuri jokes. "Aside from that, maybe some sports equipment? Listen, I think as long as it comes from the heart, Yujin will love it."

"Thanks, unnie. I'm just a bit nervous because I'm not good at picking out gifts for others." The bunny replied with a nod. Overthinking it would probably just make things worse.

"I can drop you off at the mall later on my way back to Seoul if you want. If you can't find anything that catches your fancy, you could also just try to make something from scratch. There's still a lot of time." Yuri says.

"Okay, I'll go get my things and meet you at the campus exit." Wonyoung then quickly turns and runs off back to the dorms, leaving Yuri to her own thoughts.

"Hmm, come to think of it, where is Yena-unnie?"

~~~~

"Yah, Yujin, can you explain why you dragged me all the way here? These clothes aren't even your style!" Yena quacks at her younger friend when the duo had arrived in front of a Miu Miu fashion store.

"Okay, I know I said I wanted to play at the arcade, but you wouldn't have come otherwise! You do know what day it is in a week, right?" Yujin barks back.

"Uh, Saturday?" The duck replies in confusion, causing the puppy to facepalm.

"Yes, which means it's going to be Wonyoung's birthday! I want to get something special for her since it's our first birthday as a couple." Yujin says, causing Yena's eyes to widen.

"Ohh, so you want my help in buying her a gift?" At this, Yujin nods and pulls Yena into the store.

~~~~