CHAPTER 5: LOVING IN A TWISTED WAY

ABUJA, NIGERIA

The morning sun streamed through the glass windows and ceiling and kissed Maha's face. It's warmth was a welcome feeling, giving the room a somewhat calm, warm and peaceful ambience; a stark contrast to the cold, icy darkness from the night before.

Maha's eyelashes fluttered like the soft wings of a butterfly, revealing her beautiful green eyes. She blinked a few time to adjust to the almost blinding brightness that surrounded her. She lay unmoving, looking out of the glass ceiling onto the bright blue sky. Her entire body felt sour because of the drugs she had taken before going to bed last night, she lay in bed to let her self feel a little bit strength before she went about with her morning routine. Whenever she took those drugs her body became weak and limp but it served the purpose of giving her a peaceful sleep so she didn't mind, it didn't matter because she only had to take the drugs when she remembers the sad memory and she always tries to forget it so she only takes the drugs at least twice or thrice in 2 months. If not for the for the drugs she took to prevent addiction she would have been completely addicted but thanks to the drugs she only needs to takes the drugs when she remembers the sad memory and if she tries to stay away from the drugs when she remembers those memories she never get a good night sleep and she always feels traumatized. With a shaky body she got down from her king sized bed and headed towards the bathroom, she spent almost an hour in the bathroom taking a bath and to her that was one of her quickest bath. she did all her skin care routine and it made her look more beautiful than she already was, she looked like an angel that had mistakenly fallen to earth, she wore a plain yellow t-shirt and blue jeans, she tied her long thick and black hair that almost reached her waist and then she wrapped her head with a simple but beautiful black tube under scarf. Yellow is her favorite colour because it is the colour of the sun and it represent happiness and a love of learning. One would think green is her favorite colour but yellow turned out to be her favorite colour, sometimes she even wished her eyes were yellow and not green but it didn't mean she didn't like her eye colour, in fact she felt blessed because not many people were blessed with such beautiful eyes as her own.

Her bedroom has a flowery, soft, yellow sunflower as a wallpaper, on top of her night stand, stands a yellow and white lamp. Her bed is a golden yellow canopy bed with decorative pillows and stuffed animals on top of the bed. Her Curtains is a mixture of dark yellow, bright yellow and milk white. Her walk in closest contains her make-up/hair products, perfumes, nail polish, gold and diamond bracelets, bangles, earrings. It also has her shoes, bags and clothes arranged in an orderly manner. Her bedroom's window and ceiling is made of glass, the glass is a type were the person inside would see what is happening outside but the one outside would never see what is happening inside. The morning sunlight streamed through her yellow curtains and through the glass windows and ceiling, giving the room a somewhat yellowish appearance as if the light bulb in the bedroom is yellow. Her room is cozy and has a homey and luxurious vibe.

Maha left her bedroom and she immediately knocked on her parents bedroom, she heard someone shouting downstairs and she realized the voice belonged to her mother, she passed the hallway and descended down the grand staircase. She saw her mother shouting at her father and everyone, the maids and butlers in the dinning room all gathered in one place and bowed their heads, they couldn't leave the dinning room without their madam's permission because that would only make her more furious. By now the workers were used to their madam shouting at the boss, they knew the boss is a patient man because even though she is shouting at him right now he is only smiling, Zayn on the other hand just sat lazily on his chair eating his food and watching the drama unfold, they were all used to their parents fight, or more precisely Mariam shouting at Sufyan. Mariam would even go as far as asking for a divorce whenever they fought but then you would see them talking in the next 3 or 5 hours and so no one tried to interfere in their fights. When Mariam turned and saw Maha she pointed an accusing finger at her and said "you!" All eyes immediately turned to Maha.