CHAPTER 20: I LOVE...YOU

There's fire on the mountain🤭🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

MALABAR HILL MUMBAI, INDIA

"Let's take a picture." Ayman raised his head from his phone when he heard the voice calling out to him to take a picture. Her hand was stretched out towards him as though she was asking him for a dance and not a picture, she stood directly under the sun and the light of the sun made her soft skin shine brighter, she had one of the most beautiful smile Ayman had ever seen her with, her eyes had wrinkled because of her smile and her green eyes that were looking dull before now shone brighter, he couldn't take his eyes off her eyes. She looked sinfully beautiful! Without even thinking Ayman placed his large warm hands on her small ones, her hands felt so tiny against his own. The smile on her face widened even more when she saw him standing up. This time she didn't cling to him like she usaully did, she just hugged his arms and that was all, he looked at her and then
ask,

"Done?" Maha nodded her head vigorously, she didn't really think he would agreee to take a picture with her, she had thought the chances of him rejecting her was 95 while the chances of accepting to take the picture was 5. Her heart had been thumping loudly when she stood in front of him to ask him to take a picture with her, her heartbeat was so loud that it became the only thing she could hear. When he had agreed she had managed to hold back herself from jumping on him, she was planning on taking things slowly and mend their broken relationship, since when she saw him today, she had noticed the way he kept trying to keep his distance from her and if she was being honest that had hurt her, alot! He was avoiding her like a plague, she had felt a burning sensation in her heart and at that time she was finding it hard to breath. She had to go to the bathroom and she cry her eyes out before fixing her makeup and coming out, wearing the brightest smile ever.

"Today is your graduation, stop faking a smile. Just put your problems aside and enjoy today." Ayman whispered to Maha before he patted her shoulders and left. Maha could only flash him a fake smile again, how could she tell him he was the reason for her fake smile? Would he even care if she tells him? She would just be wasting both their time.

Ayman went back to his sit and sat down alone as he watched Maha from were he sat, he would keep their relationship as formal as possible, when she had first met him she had said she would leave if after 1 year he still doesn't fall inlove with her. He would make sure he never does and when that one year ends she will leave on her own, that would be better for the both of them. He would never be able to love her, she deserves someone who will love and cherish her and he is not that someone and he has to let her go.

Somehow the thought of having to let her go didn't sit well with him but he pushed that thought aside, he didn't like the fact that these days he was always thinking about her and not Aisha. He felt frustrated that he felt like pulling his hair out, why her?! Why not Aisha?! Her face was everywhere, she had occupied his mind and she didn't even leave any space for Aisha, why was he always seeing her eyes wherever he looked? What is so special about her eyes?! Why is it that these days he seems to keep forgeting about Aisha and he keeps thinking about her instead?

Frustration gnawed on him as he tugged his hair harshly as though he wanted to pull it out, he had never been one who had a hard time deciding on things and now that he was finding it hard to decide whether he wanted Maha or not, he felt frustrated. Anyone in his position would have calmed down, since the battle doesn't belong to Ayman, it's a battle between the heart and mind and that battle is the hardest. Since Ayman didn't even know what was going on with him, things were much harder for him. Suddenly someone sat beside him and nudged him hard on his ribcage.

"Did you guys fight?" Matches asked as he watched Ayman and then Maha who was now taking pictures with Naf and Atfat. He had noticed how both of them were trying to keep their distance, it had also not escaped his eyes the way Maha kept looking at Ayman guility as though the fight that happened was her entire fault. Ayman looked at Zayn for quite a long time as though contemplating whether to tell him or not.
"No." Ayman answered before he turned his head and continued watching Maha, his face darkened without even him realizing it as he continuing looking at her, he didn't like the way she was so close to his cousin, Nafiu. A chuckle entered his ears before he heard Zayn's voice.
"It's okay for married couples to fight you know." Zayn said and then he patted Ayman's shoulder with a somber look.
"Now don't feel shy, tell this wise old man what the problem is." Zayn said, mimicking the voice of an old man, Ayman turned to look at him with slightly wide eyes and a small smile at the side of his lips, Zayn had even scrunched his face making it look like an old man's face and Ayman could no longer hold his laughter, his laughter was so soft, so mesmerizing and soothing to the ears, his eyes curved forming crescents.