Chapter 5

MUSKAN

I was laying on my bed and scrolling through my Instagram meanwhile Afreen bhabi was choosing the dress and the jewelry for me.

Two days ago uncle had told me about a marriage proposal. I had agreed to meet the boy and his family. Till now whatever decision uncle and aunt had taken for me was for my own good. After all they are the guardians of my life and I trust their decision.

"Muskan! C'mon get ready, they are  going to reach here in an hour" Afreen bhabi said. I descended from bed and picked the dress that Afreen bhabi had chosen. Afreen bhabi is the fashionista of our family, she has the best tastes whenever it comes to dress or  jewelry.

After a while I came out, wearing a maroon Anarkali dress. Which was absolutely gorgeous. I stood infront of my mirror and started twirling but then I heard a voice "MashaAllah" Afreen bhabi said, a smile formed on my lips.

I wore a matching jumka and some bangles. Bhabi did a simple makeover on me, which I absolutely loved!

We heard the car's honk, I looked at bhabi nervously, my hands were trembling, Afreen bhabi caressed my knuckles. "Don't be nervous, everything is gonna be fine" Afreen bhabi said and I simply nodded.

After a while Afreen bhabi and I  came downstairs. I greeted them with a calm voice. But then I froze on my place when I saw the guy sitting right opposite of my uncle, it was that same guy. What's his name...oh yes Aman Khan.

Our eyes met each other, I felt to punch him right there but I controlled myself. I sat beside my aunt.

To be honest, I liked his family, grandma, grandpa and Mr.Ahmed (Aman's dad), they are really sweet, Sameer is a cute guy and has sense of humor as well and lastly Mr.Aman Khan, what can I say about him, I just felt to punch him.

Everyone were shocked except aunt and grandparents of Aman The way uncle and Mr.Ahmed were chatting, as if they knew each other for a very long period of time. Are they friends?

"Umm...I think we should let them talk in private" uncle said. Aman and I came to my room. I stared at Aman with my crossed arms on my chest.

Aman's POV:

I was in my room, getting ready, but then Sameer entered in my room. "Bhai! I'm so excited to meet bhabi" Sameer said. I simply sighed in response. "Everyone are happy except you" he said.

I stared at him with my cold eyes, "What do you mean?" I asked in a cold voice. "What do I mean? Seriously! Just go downstairs and see, how happy everyone is including me. The happiness of our family was gone, when our mum passed away and you know how much dad used to love mum. After so many years dad is smiling. Everyone are so happy, and maybe marrying bhabi might bring the happiness of our family back"  he said. I looked at him but didn't say anything. "Please bhai, give it a thought. I know that, you don't believe in love and you never wanted to get married. I also know that, I am younger than you and you have a lot more knowledge about this world than me. But all I want is the happiness of our family to come back." he said.  "Since when did our Sameer start to talk like a mature person?" I asked, stroking his hair. "Everyone becomes a mature person whenever it's about their family and your Sameer is still a childish guy" he said, which made me chuckle.

"Okay bhai, enough of having mature talks, now get ready and come downstairs, we are waiting " he said, I nodded.

We arrived at Muskan's house. Mr. Rahim (Muskan's uncle)  and Mrs. Rahim were at the entrance  of their house, two of her brothers and one of her sister-in-law were there too. They welcomed us with a big a smile on their face. Females hugged each other while the  males hugged each other.

After a while, Muskan came downstairs with one of her sister-in-law. She had worn a maroon Anarkali dress, few jewelries and a little bit of makeup.

My heart fluttered when I saw her coming, she was looking so beautiful.Wait what! Since when did I start to find her beautiful?

She greeted everyone with a calm voice. But then she froze when she saw me. Our eyes met with each other. Something was going on her mind and I'm damn sure, she was thinking about me, maybe she wanted to kill me right here.

She then sat beside her aunt. Both of our families introduced each other. My family liked her a lot.

One thing that shocked me, is the way dad and Mr.Rahim chatted with each. As if they knew each other.

"Umm...I think we should let them talk in private" Mr.Rahim said.

Muskan and I came to the her room. She stared at me with her crossed arms on her chest.

"Muskan, I am extremely sorry about that day, I didn't mean to hurt you." I said sincerely to her. She scoffed as she heard me, "Really, Mr. Aman Khan" she said.

For the first time she uttered my name and I  don't know why, but my heart skipped a beat when she uttered my name.

"Muskan, I mean it, it wasn't my intention to hurt you and believe me, I can understand your pain" I said. "Okay, so how are you able to understand my pain, Mr. Aman Khan" she said with anger. A sigh escaped my lips , "I lost my mum, when I was ten years old, I can understand your pain, whereas you lost both of your parents" I said. Her eyes turned moist as she heard me.

A sigh escaped her lips, "I am so sorry Mr.Aman" she said, with a soft tone. "Please call Aman" I said. "I am genuinely sorry about that day, it was my fault. My driver should have checked properly" I said sincerely.

Aman Khan, the guy, who had never apologized to anyone, is now apologizing to a girl, whom he had met two weeks ago. Wow!

A smile formed on her lips. "I am sorry too, I overreacted" she said. Damn, grandma was right. She forgave me."Thank you so much, for doing the surgery of Mrs. Asfaq, without any complications" I said. "It's my pleasure" she said.

"By the way, did you meet grandma before?" I asked curiously, she shook her head negatively. "No, this is my first time meeting grandma" she said.

"My family liked you a lot, especially Sameer" I said. "To be honest, I liked your family too. Everyone are so sweet and I must say, Sameer has a good sense of humor" she said.

Time lapse

I was in my room, staring at ceiling. We came back from Muskan's house, everyone are so happy and now they are waiting for our response. I don't know what to do. My dad is  smiling after so many years. If I say no to this marriage, I am going to break their heart. Which I can't.

There's so many differences between Muskan and I. Muskan is a fun and a loving girl, there's always a smile on her face whereas I am a cold and rude guy, I smile rarely. Moreover, we didn't have a good start. All these thoughts ran across my mind.

That's when Sameer barged into my room excitedly "Bhaiiiiii" he said and jumped on my bed. I sat properly. "What happened Sameer" I asked curiously. "Bhai, bhabi agreed to this marriage" he said. What! She agreed to agreed to marry me? She gave her response so soon. But why?

Hey sweeties, I hope y'all liked the chapter ❤️. Do comment and vote ❤️
~Asfa