Chapter 7

AMAN

I was on my bed, working with my laptop but my focus was somewhere else. Thinking about Muskan. Did anyone force her to agree with this marriage? Or else why would she agree so soon? There's something that's bothering me. I am feeling that, my family is hiding something from me.

I knocked on my dad's door. "Aman, my son. Come in." dad said, I nodded and entered in his room. It's been so long since I last saw him smile. A warm smile was dancing on his lips. "Umm...dad, you called me?" I asked. "Yes Aman, there's something I need to tell you" dad said with a hesitant voice. I nodded and sat beside him.

                               -

"Aman, my son. Please forgive me. We hid such a big thing from you" dad said while tears were forming on his eyes.

I still can't believe all this. My dad, Mr.Rahman and Mr.Rahim were best friends. Muskan, her brothers and I grew up together? "Ya Allah, what should I do?" My inner self said.

"Aman...we made a promise to her dad. To my best friend. But I do know one thing for sure that, Muskan is a sweet and a kind girl." dad said. I looked at my dad. "You know. Your mum always loved Muskan. She always dreamt of bringing her as the daughter-in-law of our family. But look at destiny. It played with everyone's live." dad said. Tears formed on my eyes. My mum was was everything to me. My mum and dad made a promise to Muskan's father and I am going to fulfill it, cause a promise is a promise.

I wiped the tears from my dad's cheek "Dad, please don't be sorry." I said.

My response is 'yes', to this marriage.

My dad looked at me amusingly as he heard me. "Aman , are you sure about this decision? Because we don't want you to feel that, we are forcing you. We won't force you at all" dad said. "Yes dad, I am sure. Mum and you had made a promise, so you will have fulfill it too. My mum loved her so much. So...there must be a special reason about it and as far it's about forcing me then don't worry dad, I agree to this marriage willingly. I don't feel forced at all." I said.

Dad caressed my hair, " I am so happy, my son. If Saima had been alive, she would be the happiest amongst us." dad said as tears were flowing on his cheek.

Tears flowed on my cheek. This time dad wiped the tears from my cheek and gave me a hug. "I can't believe, my son is getting married" dad said with a soft tone. I smiled at him in return.

"C'mon young man, smile wider" my grandpa said. I stood up and hugged my grandpa. My family is everything to me. If they are happy, so am I.

But then Sameer entered in the room with a mischievous smile on his face. "Bhai...did you like bhabi?" Sameer asked with a mischievous tone. "Yes I had completely forgotten to ask you this question Aman. Did you like Muskan ?" dad asked. I looked at both of them dumbfounded.

"Umm...is this question necessary for now?" I asked rubbing my neck. My cheeks were turning red.

Hold on, since when did I start blushing?

"Ya Allah! Am I dreaming or what? Is bhai blushing? What a beautiful moment" Sameer said with a dramatic tone,wiping his invisible tears. I rolled my eyes in return. Dad and grandpa giggled

                                 -

Both families are happy after knowing that, we agreed to marriage. But that question of Sameer is still echoing on my ears.

Do I like her? I yet don't have an answer to that question but why did my heart flutter the moment I saw her?

But to be honest, she is indeed beautiful. There's something different about her dark brown eyes. Words aren't enough to describe her eyes.

Ya Allah! What's happening to me? Am I already in love with her? Ughhhh!

Hey sweeties! Hope y'all like this chapter. Sorry, today's chapter wasn't long enough because I am way too tired and of course lazy at the same time 🤪. So...please vote and comment, if you liked this chapter 🥺❤️.
~Asfa