DYNASTY.

BEING A SELF-PROCLAIMED lover of arts and history, Valeria Santiago always found herself drawn to Florence, Italy — a city rich with art and history

BEING A SELF-PROCLAIMED lover of arts and history, Valeria Santiago always found herself drawn to Florence, Italy a city rich with art and history. During her senior year of college, she finds herself studying in the city she had always longed to visit, immersing herself in the culture and language, while also visiting the sites that once belonged to the families in power during the Florence Renaissance.

One day, while visiting the Duomo of Florence, a sudden lunar eclipse occurs and she finds herself falling back in time – to 15th century Florence specifically. She wakes to find herself in the body of Lucia Caputo – the only daughter of a noble family who in a twist of events, is engaged to marry the head of the Medici family, Lorenzo de' Medici.

Suddenly finding herself in a world that she only saw through the lens of history books with no way of getting back to the 21st century, she tries her best to adapt and survive the dangers of the 15th century.

And despite having the knowledge of the dangerous future events coming for the family, she swears to not change anything, worried about what will happen to the course of history if she does but it's a hard thing to do when she begins to care for her newfound family and fall in love with the man meant to be her husband.

... OR !!

THE ONE WHERE a girl from the 21st century finds herself falling back in time to 15th century Florence.

VALERIA SANTIAGO &
LUCIA CAPUTO ... nadia parkes

alessandro caputo ... luke evans
giovanni caputo ... douglas booth
angelo caputo ... lorenzo zurzolo
antonio caputo ... dean-charles chapman
& the medici cast as their respective characters

 dean-charles chapman& the medici cast as their respective characters

DYNASTY

and all i gave you is gone

tumbled like it was stone

thought we built a dynasty that heaven couldn't shake

thought we built a dynasty like nothing ever made

thought we built a dynasty forever couldn't break up

author's note !

sooo, i changed up the plot and the love interest! i feel like this plot is wayyy more interesting and as a lover of time travel fics, ive been craving to finally write one!

i changed the love interest from giuliano to lorenzo just because i felt like it fit more. originally i was going to take the love triangle approach between brothers but changed my mind because from what ive seen on the show, there is just no way that lorenzo and giuliano would fall for the same girl. they're just too different from each other in that sense.

once again, im 8 years late to the fandom and the lack of fics is killing me!! i'm mostly writing this to feed my hyper fixation and hopefully feed y'all too, so enjoy!!

once again, quick disclaimer! i only own my oc's and their backstories. unlike the medici's and pazzi's, the caputo family doesn't actually exist irl so anything i write for lucia's backstory is purely fiction. if it sounds familiar to a real family out there then it's pure coincidence (unless i state so)

despite being based on real life people, we know that the show isn't entirely historically accurate, so i'm not claiming this fic to be historically accurate either. i'm just going off the show!

warnings, suggestive language, slight misogyny, violence, sad, heart wrenching angst.

i hope you all enjoy this fic.
thank you for clicking <3