Chapter 1 Season 1

Stepping off the train platform, your suitcase beside you as you reach into your pocket pulling out a pack of cigarettes and taking one out the box then putting it between your lips. You put the box back in your pocket and bring out your lighter flicking it open and pressing your thumb down on the lighter, so your cigarette will light. You shake your lighter and put it back in your pocket before grabbing the cigarette in between your fingers and blowing the smoke out.

"New start." You murmur to yourself before putting the cigarette back in between your lips and grabbing your suitcase. You start walking around Birmingham, finding a place to stay. You come across a run-down apartment place before you enter the building you throw the remains of the straight onto the ground then walk up to the receptionist who smiled at you.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She questions with a kind smile.

"Am I able to rent out an apartment?" You question as she looks at a sheet then looks back up at you.

"You may, we have only three apartments available. Circle the one you are wanting." She requests putting a sheet in front of you. You circle the very top and she smiles

"I have the money, can I rent it now?" You question

"Of course, that'll be £300 each month for rent." She informs as you nod putting £300 on the desk in cash. She's a bit surprised but covers it up with a smile. She passes you the key and you nod before grabbing the key and grabbing your suitcase. You walk to the elevator and wait for it to open. Once opened you walk into the elevator and press the top floor. You walk out the elevator and reach your apartment, unlocking it and closing the door behind you.

"Not bad for a run-down building. Bloody expensive though." You talk to yourself with a grunt as you unpack. You have a king-sized bed, a bathroom and a kitchen. You also have a small lounge room with a fireplace and an amazing view of the place which actually wasn't so amazing. Once everything was unpacked you leave your apartment. Taking out another cigarette and lighting it in between your lips you walk out of the building. You walk down the path blowing smoke until you come across a bar

The Garrison Pub

You grin as you walk closer to the door, flinging your cigarette out of your hand and entering the bar. Quite a few turn to you as you walk over to the bar completely ignoring the disturbing stares as you stand waiting to be served.

"What's a lady like you doing in a place like this?" A man questions coming up to you.

"Scram." You spit out as he grumbles before leaving. The bartender comes up to you

"What can I get for you?" He questions

"Whiskey." You immediately reply as he nods pouring the glass in front of you. He pushes it towards you as you push the money towards him. You nod as a thank you as you take a sip from the harsh liquor. A man throws there hat next to your drink and you raise an eyebrow at the action. You turn your head slightly to see who threw the hat and immediately locked eye contact with the man. He looked away as you also looked away and continued to drink.

"On the house, Mr. Shelby." The bartender states putting down the bottle and the drink. The man known as Mr. Shelby puts money down anyway as he tokes on his cigarette. You pull out your box of cigarettes taking one out and attempting to light it but your lighter had randomly gone faulty.