If I had to choose

"Come on," Rishabh announced, shaking a ticket in front of Shubman's eyes the day their tour ended. "We're leaving in ten minutes."

Shubman batted his away, his gaze not moving from the TV where a qualifier match of Chelsea was going on. "Where are you going?"

"There's a concert," said Ishan. "The tickets weren't easily available, Rishabh and I went to a lot of trouble to get them. You know, to celebrate you getting invited to your first international podcast interview."

"FUCK, NO-!" Shubman yelled at the TV. "YOU DON'T TRY TO GO FOR THE GOAL FROM NEAR THE HALF LINE, YOU MORON, YOU DRIBBLE IT TILL-"

Ishan and Rishabh exchanged an indulgent grin above a murderous Shubman's head. No one in their team except Shubman and Kuldeep got this passionate about their club teams, though most of them loved football.

"Yes, I'm sure they'll heed your advice," said Ishan. "But you really need to get ready now..."

"I'm not going anywhere," said Shubman. "Take someone else."

"What?" said Rishabh, scandalized.

"Take Shreyas, Siraj, anyone."

"They're both going."

"Take Kuldeep, his team qualified," said Shubman.

"He hates loud music."

"Then take-IS HE COMPLETELY BRAINLESS?"

Ishan caught Shubman under the arms and hauled him up.

"Fuck off, Ishan," said Shubman fiercely. "Didn't I tell you I'm not going anywhere?" 

"We already got the tickets," wheedled Rishabh.

"Didn't you know it was Chelsea's qualifier today?"

"Not when we got the tickets," said Ishan. He wasn't lying, but of course, they hadn't checked the schedule of the qualifiers when they got the tickets either.

"Then change the plan, take anyone, I don't give a damn, just stop bothering me."

Shreyas looked in. "Good lord, why aren't you ready yet, Shubi?"

"Can no one see I'm busy?" demanded Shubman.

"C'mon, you can watch the match on the way," said Shreyas.

"No, I can't. The streaming sites lag, and watching a match in a concert, seriously?"

"Shubi," coaxed Ishan. "You know it's no fun for me going without you."

"Then don't go! Just let me watch in peace-DAMN IT, WILL YOU SEND HIM OFF THE FIELD, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE?"

"All right," Ishan and Rishabh muttered, and they were forced to leave Shubman to be stubborn and grab Kuldeep on the way to the concert. 

Kuldeep protested about his dislike for loud music, but since Barcelona didn't have an ongoing match, he was much easier to manipulate than Shubman.

***

Chelsea lost the qualifier and got eliminated. When they returned from the concert, Rishabh and Ishan, typical to best friends, barged in to gloat to Shubman and get on his nerves.

"You jinxed your team, making such a big deal out of it," said Ishan.

"Shut. Up," said Shubman.

"You could've just come along and who knows, Chelsea would be in the final-" Rishabh put in. 

Muttering a bunch of uncomplimentary curses under his breath, Shubman slammed his door and locked it from inside, effectively locking Ishan outside his room for the night, and no amount of coaxing or knocking would make him open it.