Chapter 1 - Nightmares

Germany POV

Nothing helps the Nightmares I've been having. I tried eating the pills that help me sleep better, but the nightmares always come back. 

When I tried to explain it, the other countries would try to comfort me but won't listen much. Poland, or Polen, as I call him, is the only one who understands me. He is a good listener, always having a lot of patience and hugging me, making me feel better. 

But tonight's nightmare was worse than any I've ever had. It was so scary I almost forgot how to wake up. 

In the nightmare, I saw a mirror. It invited me to approach it, and so I did.

The mirror looked empty-dark, even, but my dream self wasn't backing down, and continued to approach it. My dream self touched the mirror with my hands, and an image began to swirl around the mirror.

A huge dark figure with a rectangle head and small, white glowing eyes stared deep into my soul. I squinted my eyes, trying to see the figure's face, but I couldn't.

The figure's mouth stretched open wide, as if trying to smile. But its smile was twisted and evil, showing sharp teeth. 

It seemed to be enjoying itself, smirking at my stunned expression.

'What do you want?' I find my dream self saying.

The figure's rectangle head tilted sideways, as if confused.

'Niemcy?' I turn around to see Polen, looking scared and worried. "Polen?'

Then I woke up in a cold sweat.

________________________________________________________________________________

242 words. Cringe and short, I know, but I'm busy and stuff, sorry. I'll rewrite this after completing this. See you next time! Have a great day/night!