TALE 2

Preface

In the annals of imagination, where shadows play tricks on the mind and time seemingly distorts, there exists a tale both unsettling and bewitching. This continuation of Chris's journey is not just a sequence of events but a descent into a labyrinthine realm where the familiar becomes eerily alien. As you embark on this sequel, be prepared to question the very fabric of reality. Can Chris discern the line between what's tangible and what's a product of the night's dark embrace? Dear reader, as you turn the pages, let your own senses be your guide, for in the world crafted by Ilman Khan, every corner hides a secret and every shadow, a story. Prepare yourself, for you are about to immerse in an experience that might linger long after the last word is read. Welcome back to "The Chris Tales."

After running out of the mansion for the sake of his life,Chris thought the house he left is the only place he cango now and find ways to keep him safe there.Though Chris was terrified, he still made the strength togo back to his house.He went in, it was all normal, surprisingly his slipperswere beside the bed, where it used to be, the knife thathe picked up which was laying on the kitchen counterwas at the same place, the shadow which portrayed as aperson was a mini human sculpture.All this was enough to make think that it was all really anightmare.But.........................No one knows that how did he wake up in his friend'smansion, it was still a scary mystery.Ignoring everything, Chris thought of making a freshstart!

Chris moved out of the town, he moved to his dad's oldhouse, which was till now took care by a mentor.His parents passed away 3 years ago, chirs was used tolive alone. He joined a new work place, he wasappointed as a journalist because of his masters injournalism which he had done in his collage.Chris really was fascinated by his work. He really enjoyeddoing it, he got to explore a lot of current affairs and a lotof places in the new town!After 4 months at his work chris got to know the wholetown very well, he knew the tip-to-toe of the town andnow it was very easy for him to get anythingChris finally decided that he will start buying all hisfurniture properly instead of living in the house whichonly had a bed, a fridge and a microvave!Chris took a day off from his work and planned to goshop for his new house!

Before leaving chris was making a list and while checkingfor everything he found a corner of a torn picture whichseem to be very old, chris had no idea how did it come inhis bag of cloths.In that piece of the picture he saw a hand holding a dollwhose eyes were big buttons sewed on the face and asmile that longed from the tip of the right side of the facetill the tip of the left side, the hair of that doll was allopen and some of them were hanging till the leg of thedoll the doll looked very spooky and it looked like that Itwas in a kid's hand and the doll's description did notseem like it should be with a kid!Chris stared at the picture piece for few seconds andthrew it away and continued list making and finally leftthe home.While getting down from the stairs he saw somethingweird and uncomfortable. He saw the same doll as it wasshown in the piece of the picture. Chris ignored it andthought that he is taking silly things very seriously.

He continued to walk down and started walking butsomething in him told that he should look back for thedoll as soon as he did it he saw nothing.This made chris think that he is just missing on hisbreakfast and imagining weird things, he decided to rushto a food place and have his breakfast.After finishing his food, chris went to a shop, it was avintage collections shop, he wanted to buy something forhis house from there. Chris could not decide what heexactly wanted, he was a fan of metal sculptures also afan of mythology, he spotted a sculpture of Zeus thegreek god of sky holding his iconic lightning bolt, it wasall made out of bronze and brass.As soon as he saw that he fell in love! With it, chrisbought it immediately.While leaving the store he saw the exact same doll whichhe saw in the torn part of the picture and in the roadwhile leaving the home. He felt uneasy and astonished,he thought that he is again hallucinating about it.But no! He was not! The store keeper saw him looking atthe doll in a weird and asked him "you seem astonished sir, is there anything I can helpwith?" And yet chris was still in the thoughts of the doll.Chris asked him about the doll, and the store keeperreplied that that doll is not an item to be sold, he saidthat the doll was gifted to him by a kids mother after thedeath of her kid, the kid was very close to the storekeeper and used to spend most of his time with him atthe store learning about history and antiques from thestore guy.Chris asked about that kid's death, the store keeper toldhim that the kid was dead on his bed and had the doll inhis arms, the reason for the kid's death was unknown toanyone! chris asked for a photo of the kid from the storekeeper, the store keeper said that he does have one butit's a very old one when the was new in the town, chirstold the store keeper to show him the picture.Weirdly the corner of the picture was missing and thatphoto seemed to be the same photo whose corner chrisfound at his home!