Chapter thirty-five - Our universe

(A/N): Another long chapter because I love you all so much! Happy reading everyone. X

***

Wandering around the hallway bored out of my mind, I traced my finger along the white painted wall. The feeling of the texture of dried paint grazing my fingertip, tickled a bit.

Walking back and forward, it felt like my brain was overloaded from trying to come up with something fun to do. I had already watched tv and made finger paintings with Hope and Auntie Chan. I loved the dollhouse Marc had made me but had been playing with it for a few hours already. Because of the amazing weather I had been playing outside nonstop as well which was fun, but not for long periods of time.

"Stells, this is the fourth time I've heard you trot down the hallway. What are you doing?" Ray's voice sounded from inside his bedroom where the door was left slightly ajar.

"Sorry", I apologized sheepishly, opening his door further. "I'm just trying to come up with something fun to do".

I had always loved Ray's room. It was a typical boy's room, with bright blue paint peeking out from behind the numerous posters of cars, motorcycles, jet skis, boats, ATV's and so on. Gaming consoles were scattered on the coffee table and a desk was against the wall with not only one but two computer screens.

"Are you bored?"

"Yeah", I mumbled a bit shamefully. Dad didn't spare any ways to entertain us. There were more toys than you could count on multiple hands, which made me feel ashamed when none of them interested me.

"Come", he beckoned, nudging his head as a silent invitation to enter. Strolling in, I zigzagged through the maze of dirty socks and underwear until I eventually reached his bed. Climbing up on the bed sheets, I sat crisscrossed next to where he was sprawled out with a laptop on his stomach.

"What are you doing?" Watching curiously as he scrolled through different web pages, I laid down, resting my head on his chest to get a better look at what he was doing.

"Just looking at some spare parts for one of my veteran cars", he replied, wrapping the arm he wasn't using around me. "I have to repair one of them later today".

"What's wrong with it?"

"It has a defective wheel bearing".

"Are you going to swoop up the engine?" I asked, lifting my head to gaze up at him. It was the only thing I knew about cars.

"Not exactly". He cracked a smile, brushing his fingers through the ends of my hair that Auntie Chan had nicely braided for me. "The wheel bearing is located behind the wheel and brakes".

"That sounds hard to do", I mused, snuggling into his chest again.

"Well, now that I think about it, I might need some extra help to fix it. Do you want to help me out?"

"I would love to!" I exclaimed, sitting upright with a big smile on my face. Blushing a bit from how overexcited I got.

"Let's go then!" Ray chuckled, lifting me off the bed to swing me around in the air for a few seconds.

Moments later we were both buckled up in one of his cars, dressed in our 'swag'. I loved my yellow cap and sunglasses, even more so that they matched perfectly with my brother's. I think we looked cool. My absolute favorite thing to do with Ray however was our car parties where we both would sing so loud to the music that other drivers stared at us whenever we were stalled due to a red light.

Singing along to Shania Twain, we drove to a few different shops that had all kinds of devices and things a car would need, gathering the missing parts Ray needed for his cars.