Welcome to Rainbow

Elis, Greece

A few weeks ago the director of Rainbow asked you to go to Greece to meet with him personally and when he asked you to join the unit you were more than willing. The two of you had met up at a cafe where he evaluated your previous experience as well as asked you many questions but as of now you two were done "Thank you for meeting with me Y/N" Harry said, you stuck out your hand to shake his "It's no problem Sir" you replied.

"Harry will do just fine" he said before entering a car and driving away. Well then that went well... I think I mean I'm part of the best counter terrorist unit in the world now so that's a win in my books you thought to yourself

"Miss Liang?" You turned towards the voice and saw who you recognised as your new squad leader "At your service" You said. "I am Gustave Kateb leader of Wolfguard, Harry says you're to join my squad"

"That I am, and no need for introductions, I've read up about you before hand"

"Good too know" he said and turned around making his way towards a car that already had someone in the drivers seat, he looks back at you with an eyebrow raised before asking "are you coming or not?"

"Oh sorry" you hurriedly made your way to the car slightly embarrassed and got in the back, doc got in the passenger seat and gestured to the driver "This is Oliver 'lion' Flament he is also part of Wolfguard, Oliver meet Y/N our newest member"

"Hey" he said, seems like a quiet guy you thought

"Hi it's nice to meet you I'm excited to work together" he didn't respond and instead nodded before starting the car and driving off, guess he's not one for conversation. At first it was silent but as the ride went on the two started conversing in French, you didn't speak French so you were oblivious to anything they were saying but it seemed important based off of their body language and tone. Partway through the conversation doc held up his finger indicating to lion to pause their conversation before turning around to face you "Sorry we've been ignoring you Y/N but as I'm sure you understand we have many ongoing matters"

"It's no problem really I'm not one for socialising usually" You said feeling slightly awkward, that familiar knot forming in your stomach as your anxiety kicked in

"Ah well Oliver and I were just discussing an upcoming operation which you will be taking part in, but that's talk for later as of now I'm curious about your upbringing"

"What do you want to know?" You asked

"Well I heard from Masaru your very intelligent, where'd you attend school?" for a moment you had  forgotten that Masaru was part of the rainbow, a small smile formed on your face thinking about how it'd be nice to see him again "I attended National Taiwan University, I have a degree in biomedical engineering, machine intelligence and law" I said

"That's rather impressive for someone your age but may I ask why you have a degree in law?" Doc said

"My parents are the heads of the family law firm"

"What did they think of you joining the police force instead of the firm?"

"They were against it entirely at first and thought it was just part of my grieving process after my friend died and after I signed up to the force they threatened to kick me out of the house"

"Your file didn't mention anything about that"

"Well I managed to convince them that at the same time I was doing my police work I would also do university and that if I began failing in uni that I'd drop out of the police force and focus entirely on my studies"

"And of course you passed" he said and you nodded, he then asked "What about now? How do they feel about it?"

"At first they still thought that I should leave but after joining Thunder Squad and well now rainbow they are both happy with where I am" despite not being part of the conversation Lion decided to chime in with "ha sounds like they just wanted a trophy kid"  you were taken aback by this shocked at how brash he was