Chapter 3-Consequences

Harry's POV

We're in the waiting room, obviously waiting. When we landed we didn't recieve any cheers for landing safely but we're escorted to the waiting room. That's all that the guards around the room have told us, their eyes cold and cruel.

The waiting room felt empty with only me, Niall (who had gotten a cast for his arm)and the guards....and Niall's dad. Can't forget Mr Horan, the last 2 hours he has done nothing beside stare at me as if this was all my fault, well it was but he didn't need to look at me with such hatred.

Trying to entertain myself I start singing a song I wrote a month ago                                                             

Ithink I'm gonna lose my mind                                                                                                                                         something deep inside me I cant give up                                                                                                                                

Niall starts to join and I notice that even the guards mouths are twitching upwards.                                       I think I'm gonna lose my mi-

"SHUT UP YOU EMBECILE!"  Mr Horan's face is red with rage, his spit flying onto poor Niall's face. "We're here waiting to hear the damage we have to pay and your here singing a song! Do you have an idea what you have gotten my son into,"

I raise my eyebrow at him, challenging him. He opens his mouth to start-

"Dad, just -"

"SHUT UP NIALL! I know you want to defend this poor boy, but he needs to face reality! We dont need another drunken asshole in this fücking world!"

His words hit me as if I he had slapped me, he hasn't of course, but it feels like it has. It always does when he brings up my father. Even though he was speaking out of rage, he was right, my dad is a drunken âsshole. Always waking up to go waste the money I had earned in my boxing matches to get drunk in the drinking house.

My face would flush red with shame when the drinking house guards (dhg) would bring him home, drunk and asleep. It has been the same ever since I was 4.

Mr Horan looked at me with disgust, and for a minute I hated my dad, because of him I'm different. I'm the boy who has to work , the boy who can't do his work,  all because I have a drunk man for a father.

I clench my fist ready to make a move when I catch Niall's eye pleading at me and I calm down.

"What my dad does is nothing of your concern," I say cooly. My eyes staring daggers into him. 

"You can come in now," 

Our heads snap to find the owner of the voice. The man was quiet tall, well compared to us anyways. He had his hair cut short and under a hat, ordinary kind of man, except he was wearing the RAF uniform, he nodded at us

"I'm Corproal Tay, if you please follow me"

We followed him through some halls until we came into a small room, in the small room there was table with a dozen men sitting there looking important. There was one man sitting on a platform behind a desk. He stood out from the rest, he looked older, wiser, kinder yet still intimidating than all the other men in the room.

The man looked more like a walrus with his little bold head and mostache.

"Sit." I looked around but there were no spare seats.

"Where should we sit sir?" I asked confused and looked over at Niall and Mr Horan who was still glaring at me. The men around the room tensed as their faces went pale.

"On the floor, boy. Does it look like there are any chairs?" His voice echoed through the room as we meekly sat on the floor.

"Now, lets get this quickly over with," his voice softened. "You two illegally went into a restricted area, flew a train that doesnt belong to you and damaged a whole lot of other things that belong to the Royal Air Force, am I right?"

"Yes sir, but-" Mr Horan tried to interrut but the walrus man put is hand up, to silence him.

"The damage that you have caused plus the laws you have broken would give you a fine of £300,000 each. What have you got to say,boys?"

Niall suprised me by standing up, normally I do the standing up.

"Sir, I know what we have done was, no, it is stupid and reckless and I have nothing to say but I'm, I mean we're sorry and yeah..." he shrugs his shoulders.

We (everyone in the room) look expecantly at the walrus man, who is smiling sympathetically at us.

"I'm sure you're very sorry but the Royal Air Force are set on pressing charges, unless..." he nods his head at the corporal who stands up straight.

"For the last few hours I have been fighting for your case," he started. "You two both have potential, I see talent, you boys were made for flying." 

"What do you want then?" Mr Horan said asked impatiently, trying to control his temper. Corporal Tay just raised an eyebrow at him

"We, well I want them to join the RAF," he stated. We all just stared at him in shock, us join the RAF?

"No, of course not! Take the bastard Harry, but not my son, he's going to be a lawyer or a doctor! Not some asshole who shots other people for fun!" Mr Horan yelled. " I know how life is in the army, and I don't want my son to end up like that! Especially as a boy!" Mr Horan was in the army? Something new I learnt today.

"Mr Horan, please compose yourself," The Walrus Man seemed annoyed at his behaviour, while Niall's mouth hanged open. 

Me, being the worst best friend ever (and the stupidest) got out my flashpic to take a picture of Niall. When the flash came on, the guard by my side bashed my face on the table and put my arms up. Niall trying to act the hero. Jumped on the guard's back and put his taeser on him just as the guard behind him puts the taeser on us both.

It then goes black.

1048 word

Yeah i havent update coz i have had a semi writers block, and i havent been feeling it...