𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙍𝙊𝘿𝙐𝘾𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉

(Cover art made by me

(Cover art made by me.)

Before introducing this story, I'd like to make a clear note that this oneshot contains a major trigger warning. Please only read if you're okay with descriptions of the following:

Joint suicide
Depression
Guns

There are no detailed events, only a vague hint to what happens as the chapter ends.

-

I wanted to write a shorter story like this to try and embody how it feels to be sat waiting for something when you're not even sure that that thing is going to happen. How it feels when you know that it probably is going to, but begging with everything that you've got that it doesn't. Not saying a word and having to watch it play out right in front of your eyes- having it grow more and more out of your control as you feel less and less hope.

But then, finally accepting that the situation is happening, and being grateful that it is, rather than having to know that it had come to an unplanned and unexpected end.
Working together to make an outcome that you're both happy with, even if it means that before you're happy, you have to do something that may cause you pain and discomfort for a while.

But ultimately, a story to show that even if the answer may bring you a whole load of guilt, that it is better to go through the guilt with your favourite person rather than going through it alone.

I'd also like to let you know that Robin and Steve's answer is never the answer you should choose, even if it seems like the only one at the time.

Everything shall always work out, I promise you.

-

The oneshot isn't necessarily meant to be enjoyable, but in terms of writing style, I hope that you enjoy the angst.

(Ps, if any editors want to make sad as hell edits to go along with it- make sure to tag me on tiktok!! My user is connie_rb)

-Connie R-B