𝙀𝙓𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙎 & 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙆𝙔𝙊𝙐

I have a few extra head-canons that go along with this fic, if you'd care to read about them :)

But, first of all, I'd like to annotate the song 'Waiting Room' by Phoebe Bridgers, in which I based this oneshot off of. Obviously, it'd be a platonic love rather than the one initially mentioned. My annotations will be in bold under the targeted lyrics.

-

If you were a teacher, I would fail your class
Take it over and over 'til you noticed me
If you were a waiting room, I would never see a doctor
I would sit there with my first-aid kit and bleed

(This is ode to Robin's previous jealousy over Steve at school, and her realising that it wasn't just Tammy she wanted to befriend back then, but maybe Steve, too. He fascinated her.)

I wanna be the power ballad that lifts you up and holds you down
I wanna be the broken love song that feeds your misery

(She wants to be the only one that he loves, because he is the only one that she loves. She'd do anything for him, and knows that it's selfish, but wants to be the only one to make him happy.)

And I can wish all that I want, but it won't bring us together
Plus, I know whatever happens to me, I know it's for the better

(Robin wishes more than anything that wherever they end up, they'll end up together. But even if that doesn't happen, she is happy that they've been able to spend every possible moment together.)

And when broken bodies are washed ashore
Who am I to ask for more, more, more?
But you're breathing in my open mouth
You're the gun in my lips that will blow my brains out

(Steve will be the one to aid her, in the end. Perhaps she feels selfish asking to still spend more time with him elsewhere when she could've spent it with him in real life.)

I wanna make you drive all night just because I said, "Maybe you should come over"
Wanna make you fall in love as hard as my poor parents' teenage daughter
She'll be the best you ever had if you let her

(Robin is happy that he cares for her as much as he does- enough to do anything for her, even if she doubts it sometimes. He gave her the chance to be the greatest friend he's ever had- and she managed to prove it. They had fallen in love with each other, in the purest, most platonic way possible.)

I know it's for the better
Know it's for the better
(REPEAT)

(They both know that their decision was for the better. They can both be pain-free at last.)

-

I like to headcanon that Steve can't read anyone's mind but Robin's- and that's why he knew straight away what she had meant. He'd also been waiting for it, anxiously counting down the days even when there wasn't a timer, so he'd quite quickly pieced together the dots when it had ran out.

-

Robin is aware that Steve loves her, and didn't have to doubt it because he still went along with the plan. There is no one to live for but each other, and she knows that because he followed, he thought the same thing.

-

Steve only found the password to his fathers safe because he knew that if Robin were to die, it'd be with him in that room. He never wanted to chance not dying with her, just like she'd always wanted, so learned the code just incase.
He never wanted to risk not going with her just because of some stupid lock.

-

Anyway, thank you for reading.

I'd love to hear your opinions in the comments- and if you have more head-canons, please voice them! I love to see what others can add to a story.

I know it's a short one, but I wanted to make it it's own book, since it seems too serious for a random extract in an imagines list.
I also wanted the message in the introduction to maybe reach more people than it would in just a normal chapter.

I thank you again, and hope to see your usernames around :)

-Connie R-B

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘽𝙀𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙍- 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙊𝙉𝙄𝘾 𝙎𝙏𝙊𝘽𝙄𝙉 🎉