A Dangerous Game

Sam and Colby were at a huge surprise party for a friend of theirs. Colby was talking to some of his other friends and then he turned to Sam.

" Hey, dude, do you want-?" asked Colby, but Sam had been focused on something else.

Colby followed his gaze over to Sam's best friend Katrina. Colby smirked and laughed, snapping his fingers in front of Sam's face.

" Huh? What?" asked Sam. "Oh sorry!"

" Dude, you've been staring at her all night," said Colby. " Just go and ask her out."

" I can't," said Sam. " She's my best friend, I don't wanna make it weird."

" You've been in love with her for a while now," said Colby. " She probably already knows it too. If you don't take the chance, someone else will."

" You're right," said Sam. He looked back towards Katrina but didn't move.

Colby slightly shoved him towards her. Sam nearly lost his footing and he looked back at his brother annoyed, before turning around and locking eyes with Katrina.

" Ki, Hatrina," said Sam.

Colby suddenly facepalmed.

" Hey, Sam," said Katrina, slightly laughing.

" So, I was wondering if maybe you and I could not wanna go to a movie on Friday?" asked Sam.

Katrina looked at him confused. " A movie, just the two of us, like a date?" she asked.

" Yea, that's one word for it," said Sam.

Katrina smiled at him. " I'd love that!" she said.

" Really?" asked Sam.

" Yeah," said Katrina.

" Okay, awesome," said Sam. " I'll pick you up at 8."

" You can pick me up at 7," said Katrina.

" 7 is good," said Sam. Sam stood there awkwardly. " Oh sorry."

Sam then walked back over to join Colby. Katrina's friends smiled and giggled as Sam walked away, they were happy for her.

" Nice going," said Colby, beaming with pride.

" Shut up," said Sam.

The next day, Colby was warming up on the field. He had been training all summer for the new season and now he and Sam were on the team together. Colby was stretching out when suddenly the new student, Ryker, came jogging over. He had transferred only this year and he was all their coach talked about. He has been so excited to have this guy on the team. Colby wanted to find out what the big deal was.

" Hey, you're Colby, right?" asked Ryker.

Colby stopped stretching. " Yea, why?" asked Colby.

" I've heard so much about you," said Ryker. " Coach talks highly of you."

" Thanks," said Colby.

" You know, I was captain of the football team at my old highschool too," said Ryker.

" That's nice," said Colby.

" Is that spot still open?" asked Ryker.

" For now," said Colby.

" Great," said Ryker.

During the scrimmage, Colby and Ryker were on opposing teams. Colby didn't know whether or not this guy had tried to purposely piss him off, but by accident or not, it worked. Colby and his team began the play when Colby was tackled to the ground. He hit the field with a thud and stared up at Ryker. The coach then blew the whistle.