Stick Together

Sam and Colby were helping their mother clean up. They had just finished a massive party for Colby's 18th birthday. Their father had gone to pick up some groceries or at least, that's what he told Colby. When their father came in he walked over and gave their mother a kiss. He winked at her and they both looked towards Sam and Colby.

" Colby," said their father. " Your mother and I have one more gift for you."

" Cool, what is it?" asked Colby.

Their father reached into his back pocket and took out a set of car keys. Colby's eyes widened in surprise and he smiled happily.

" No! Way!" he said, as he took the keys. He rushed outside his front door and stopped in his tracks.

A new red car was sitting in their driveway. Colby was in disbelief. He walked up to it and opened the door, sliding into the driver's seat. He then got out to examine the car. His parents and Sam had followed him outside.

" Sorry it's not a super fancy one," said their mother.

" Are you kidding?" said Colby. " It's perfect! It's red!"

" I'm so glad you like it," said their mother.

" Can I take it for a ride?" asked Colby.

" Yes, but be careful," said their mother.

" Follow the traffic laws," said their father, " and be back before 11."

" I will, I promise," said Colby. " You coming, Sam?"

" You want me to come?" asked Sam.

" Of course, dude, c'mon," said Colby.

Sam happily ran over and got into the passenger seat of the car. Colby slowly backed out of the driveway and honked goodbye to their parents as he drove off.

" I have a feeling we won't be seeing them for the rest of the night," said their father.

" I think you're probably right," laughed their mother.

Colby was loving his new car. He had the window down, he loved feeling the wind in his hair and blasting whatever music he wanted.

" Don't you just feel so free?" asked Colby.

" I would if I was the one driving," laughed Sam.

" You'll get there, don't worry," said Colby.

" Where are we going anyway?" asked Sam.

" I thought we could make a little stop at the warehouse," said Colby.

Sam laughed. " I'll never understand your obsession with that place," he said.

" It's not an obsession, I just think it's cool," said Colby. " Don't you?"

" Yea, I guess so," said Sam. " But we've explored it thousands of times already, don't you wanna find a different spot?"

" Maybe next time," said Colby.

Colby came to a stop on the road just outside the warehouse. They both had to walk through a large field of brush before they reached it but they were used to that. Sam and Colby used the secret entrance they had discovered to enter the warehouse and looked around.

" All of this graffiti wasn't here before," said Sam, as he climbed in after Colby.

" Yea, these markings look strange," said Colby.

Both of them carried on their way. They knew this place inside out, they had explored it several times right when their parents got married. Colby had purposely tried to ditch Sam a few times in here to get him lost, but Sam had somehow always found his way back. This was before they got super close.