Chapter II -The Last Light-

Ner words in this chapter: 3,163

"English"

Thinking in 3rd person POV/Dream/Memory/Flashback/Others

Letter/Journal/Book/Newspaper

Time change/Date of time

Change of POV

Chapter II

–The Last Light–

Saturday, 7 April 2012

HP's POV

Harry groaned at hearing the Fearlings entering his room.

"Leave, Nanny. I want to be alone. I don't want to study."

"What about playing games instead?"

Harry stood faster than he ever did, to find Jake in his room. Jack Frost was in his room! He...

"Bu... the Guardians..."

"You're the reason I was with them." Jack replied and left his staff by the door. "So... what do you have?"

Harry glanced at the once Christmas tree - that Father had let the shadows take over once it started to rot and was now a black Christmas tree - and the amount of toys he had at the bottom of it. Jack got the memo and approached the tree and looked at the toys that Santa had gifted Harry. Harry stood and approached, joining him on the floor.

"Father wants to make all the children in the world to stop believing." Jack looked back once they finally chose two cars to play with. "Man in the Moon wants people not to feel fear, so he tried to completely wipe out Father from the world with the Guardians." Harry picked his toy with a shrug. "It was Mother's fear for Father that saved her from a worse fate."

"How so?"

"You know that there are humans who are mean, right?" Jack nodded. "Five of them wanted my mother. Father heard the screams for help that the Guardians would never listen to because she was already 19-year-old."

"He saved her."

"He murdered the men in cold blood. He killed my last nannie because it let me get hurt and lose a tooth." Jack shivered. "He is The Bogeyman with capital T, Jack. He's still my Father and under all that fear and hate there's a man who wants a family."

"Katherine?"

"My older sister. From before Father was Pitch Black."

"Before?"

Harry nodded.

"Father doesn't talk about it. It's like you, Jack. You weren't born Jack Frost, now were you?"

"I... don't remember."

Harry looked back surprised, then the two stood and walked out the room slowly.

"Avoid the living shadows."

"How would've I know which ones are alive?" Jack asked back uncertain.

Harry snickered at the teenager's worried look.

"They'd be the ones that are trying to eat you alive." A voice from the shadows besides Jack suddenly claimed.

Jack gave a jump so high that his head hit the top of the tunnel ceiling as he shrieked and moved away from the shadow in question.