A Friend Indeed [Katakuri x Reader] idea

So here's a random idea that came to me a bit after my Perospero idea. It reads like a first chapter, all set-up and only a brief appearance of Katakuri at the end. So far this fic is set in the same Modern AU as my Peros idea snippets (where Totoland Inc. is a huge corporate candy and baked goods company). I don't plan on working on this anytime soon, but it's safely stashed on the backburner for now.

Enjoy!

"WHHAAAAAATTTTT?!?!?!"

"EEEEEEEHHHHHH!?!??!?!"

The peaceful quiet of the park was shattered by two exclamations of pure astonishment. Birds startled into frantic flight, dogs barked in surprise, and people exchanged worried glances.

You snapped your mouth closed and fumbled for the pause button before you sat up, looking around for the other person who'd shouted.

The park wasn't too busy at this hour. Most people had already finished their lunch and gone back to work. From your spot under the shade of an apple tree, you could see a swathe of grassy hill and the roof of a lattice-work gazebo.

It was probably a coincidence. It was most definitely a coincidence. But excitement was still sparking through your veins, and you felt a sudden and undeniable urge to share in the earth-shattering event you had just heard. And so, you rolled off the old bedsheet you'd been lounging on and jogged up the hill.

As the gazebo came fully into view, your hope soared higher. There was someone sitting there, under the heavy mantle of ivy that had crawled up the lattice and created a dense patch of shadow. A phone was clenched in her hand, and she had one earbud out and was looking around in apparent confusion.

You reached the top of the hill and made for the shade of the gazebo. When the woman noticed your approach, she stiffened and looked back to her phone. Her mauve hair hung loose around her shoulders, which shook as she sneezed into a very worn handkerchief. She rubbed her beaky nose and then sniffed loudly.

"Excuse me?" You reached the threshold and waved awkwardly, "Did you... did you hear someone shout just now?"

The woman peeked up at you, saw you looking directly at her, then quickly averted her eyes again. A scar marred her face, a long slash that extended from her hairline and ran diagonally down to her chin, narrowly missing her left eye as it cut over her nose. Parts of it were splotchy, covered awkwardly with some kind of concealer.

"I heard something... from down the hill," she muttered in the voice of someone with a very stuffed nose.

"Oh? Yeah, that was me," you said, "But I swore I heard someone else..."

Her eyes widened and snapped back to you. You weren't sure if that was a sign in your favour or not. You decided to take a direct approach.

"I'm sorry to be so nosey, but..." you paused to gather your courage, then ploughed on, "Did you just discover that Lucas has a big sister named Anne?"

Her jaw dropped and her fingers tightened around her phone. You tilted your head a bit to try and see the screen, hoping to find a familiar podcast logo.

"Do you... Do you listen to Twice Chaos?" Her voice was low, and a pink hue was venturing across her cheeks.

You couldn't help but do a little jump on the spot.

"Yes!" you exclaimed, "I finally found another fan! And today of all days too! This is amazing!"

You sat down on the bench beside her. She immediately scooted away from you.