An oldie but a.... goodie? [Zoro x OC]

This is the first chapter of a rewritten version of my very first One Piece fanfic... it's an ZoroxOC story that follows my character joining up with Luffy and following his adventures (cringe, I know :P but I had fun and still really love this OC with all my heart)

The complete first (and utterly terrible) version is up on FanFiction.net under the same penname, as well as what I completed of my rewrite. (I know I will continue it one day, but right now I'm focused on the Kid Pirates :3) There's also the beginning of the 'sequel' and a side-story focused on my OC... but as I said they are my first hand at writing and are not very good. I'm still proud of them though because my writing skills would not be where they are now without having done them.

I probably won't post any more of this story here, since it is already available elsewhere, and if anyone is brave enough to slog through my rough and looooong writing... more power to you ;)

P.S. the story is titled 'Enter the Angel' and 'Re-Enter the Angel'(the rewrite)

A huge gust of wind suddenly blew through the cobbled streets of Loguetown. It tore along the buildings on its way towards the sea, leaving chaos in its wake. People and shop fronts alike jostled Zoro as he flew by, pushed along by the hurricane-force current. The green haired swordsman had tried moving in a specific direction by grabbing onto any ledge or door frame he could reach, but had quickly given that up since it seemed that the wind was going to blow him where it wanted. He let out a grunt as he was flung against a wall and dragged along its smooth surface, white flecks of stone and paint catching on his shirt as he flew by. The man tightened his grip on his swords and brought his elbow up to keep the debris from flying into his eyes.

"Where the hell did this wind come from!?" his shout was whisked away as soon as it left his mouth.

He couldn't think of anything that could have caused a wind of such force to occur, except the storm that was blowing in. All he could recall was that he'd been fighting the marines... Tashigi. That damn woman, he thought with a frown as the all too familiar figure of the marine rose in his mind's eye, why does she look so much like her? Zoro's uncomfortable thoughts were interrupted as he crashed into the ground. With little more than an inconvenienced grunt, he stood up and brushed the dirt off his shirt.

"Now where did everybody else go?" he glanced down the street, "They've probably gotten lost again."

Bits of building and debris from the houses around him littered the cobblestones on all sides, masking the clean grey road that had been there moments before. As the storm lulled and the wind died down, some citizens of Loguetown slowly began to filter out to commence the cleanup. But they were quickly driven back into their homes by the pouring rain and menacing clouds. Zoro surveyed the street, and then his eyes fell to an exceptionally large pile of broken beams at his feet.

"Here," a weak voice responded from behind him, "And you're the last person who should be saying that."

"Yeah, just move your head, Moss Head," another voice muttered darkly.

Turning, Zoro saw that the wind had blown him where he'd wanted to end up anyways. He'd found his crew again. Usopp, the one who had spoken first, was trying to extricate himself from the pile of fallen beams with the help of Sanji. Zoro didn't bother offering a retort to either of them and turned his attention to his captain. Luffy, standing at the edge of the woodpile and looking none the worse for wear, was dusting off his hat and placing it on his head.

"Well that was fun," the rubber boy laughed, a wide grin plastered onto his young face.

Zoro let out a grunt and checked his swords. The crew was fine, the captain was fine; they should leave this town now. He was about to voice this thought when a sharp cry came through the driving rain.