Chapter 18 - Everything as before, but now?

*Ring* The doorbell of Legoshi's house rang: "Come in, it's open!", Louis shouted, still under the covers while watching television. The news had started, the chase had apparently been going on for hours.
The person who had entered the house was indeed Juno. She reached the room where Louis was comfortably lying and layed down next to the fawn, "Do you think this will work?" the young wolf asked him hesitantly. Louis was very sure of himself. "Yes, everything will be fine."
Legoshi was in pursuit, to give himself an advantage, he could have captured the chased one first. The Pursuer would later stop to thank for the help. So he did, he went next to the pursuer, he immediately paid no attention to it, but his nose felt something familiar. He went ahead and didn't think about it, he reached the herbivore, it was a gazelle, it ran very fast, but for Legoshi there were no problems. He stretched out his arm after several meters of running, where many people had been hit, and managed to hook his claws on the gazelle's dress: "Tell me who you are!" Legoshi exclaimed. The gazelle was very scared, after Legoshi had violently turned it with its prostrate face towards him, the gazelle introduced itself: "I AM YUKUE, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!". The gazelle remained still, Legoshi turned, the pursuer was there staring at them "It can't be..." Legoshi stood up again, holding Yukue by the arm, and approached the hooded figure. That increasingly strong smell opened a particular drawer of his memory, or rather two.
He reached out and grabbed the suspect's hood and pulled it down, "Kenshin..." What were they doing there at the time? The journalists were coming, they had to be stopped! So he blocked them before the news could spread. "You two now come with me to my office and let's have a nice chat."
Juno and Louis had seen everything, they were astonished: "Juno it's time to go, come with me."
Once they reached the office, the two boys sat down and the interrogation began: "The news of your discovery will be announced by Cherryton, but first I need to talk to you...". Legoshi took a deep breath and began, "Why were you chasing each other around the city?" Kenshin spoke first: "This incompetent accountant made a mistake in his bargaining and we lost millions and millions of Yen, I was tempted to eat him!". Yukue countered: "I already told you, sorry! I am very sorry!" .Legoshi called for silence: "Don't argue, I don't want anything to be known about you. The black market will be dismantled with my own hands. Now Kenshin we come to you...". Kenshin's hackles stood on end. "Tell me... why do you smell like Louis?" His eyes widened, he seemed to have been hit in a very delicate place indeed. "L-Louis? Who would that be?". Face relaxed, eyes were back, no sweat, he wasn't shaking. Maybe he was telling the truth, maybe he had bumped into him in the frantic race.
"Okay, let's say I believe it. Yukue I'll keep you under observation, some agents will provide you with probation, You Kenshin will come with me and I'll bring you back to school immediately.". Kenshin obeyed and got into the car with Legoshi. During the journey no one said a word, but Louis' smell was clearly on Kenshin's clothes. He couldn't explain it.
Once they arrived at school, they had to walk down the same path as a few days ago, with the difference that this time Legoshi was occupied with other thoughts, so much so that it didn't take him too long to walk down it. Classes had already started and there was no one in the corridors. "What is your class Kenshin?". He accompanied him to the door and knocked: "Come in!"
Legoshi opened the door, but kept Kenshin hidden. "Good morning everyone! I am the Beastar Legoshi...". Upon hearing those words, the entire class stood up and welcomed Legoshi with a warm bow. "The Beastar?! But what are you doing here?", asked the teacher, very surprised by the fact. "You see, I didn't want to interrupt the lesson so abruptly, but I have someone much more important here for you that you might be interested in having back...". Legoshi gently pushed Kenshin into the spotlight of the classroom, the incredulous class fell into a silence which was immediately interrupted by a huge gasp from the whole class.
He didn't have time to realize that Himitsu had run and it was already in Kenshin's arms, he also took Legoshi, he was crying. "Thank you... for keeping *sigh* your promise...". Doing a good job actually brought satisfaction. He could say he was happy, two birds with one stone.
Everyone would return to their normal lives, to friends, to families, to loved ones, to children, to classmates, to those in the dorm. Legoshi must really be proud of himself.
It was time to take the afternoon off and dedicate some time to both Louis and himself. He entered the house "I'm back!!" No one answered "Louis, are you at home?" No answer yet. He searched every single room, to check for the presence of the young fawn, but no trace of him was found. He finally found himself in the bedroom, exactly the last place the two had seen each other that same morning. On the pillow there was a note: "Legoshi I have to leave, you're wondering if I'll come back, right? I don't know, this will be up to you to decide, see you soon perhaps..." Those harsh words could only resonate in Legoshi's mind. "Is it up to me? What should I do...". His thoughts were interrupted by constant pounding on the door. He rushed to open the door, they were journalists:
- So Yukue and Kenshin have been found?!
- What happened to those boys?!
- Was it difficult to find them?!
- What do you think about Louis' disappearance? Beastar tell us something!
He closed the door in the faces of the journalists, leaving them outside. "Louis is missing?" He collapsed on the floor "Louis... I need you...".
"So guys, the preparations are all sorted, the media have already done their job, the day after tomorrow will be the final act. Ready?" A large chorus responded positively "Let's start the final phase!".