Chapter 67

"recovery"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"I do recommend not putting stress on yourself, stay away from any substances like alcohol,"

I sat down as I listened to the doctor list what I should do for recovery before my father interrupted.

"What about basketball? Any timeline or can he just jump back in?" I felt my eyes start to roll when I heard his voice though I wanted to know the answers.

"Well that all depends on how he's doing in his recovery process, fortunately for your son it seems like his brain is still functioning like it's supposed to." He then turned away from my dad to look at me. "Despite the expected haziness of your memory before the hit and being a little uncoordinated which should get better with time, everything looks good but I still suggest not trying to overwork yourself." I nodded at the doctor's words before he asked, "Are there any more questions?"

I shook my head as my dad just stayed quiet. The man acknowledged the silence but before he made his way out of the room, he asked another question.

"Do you need any assistance getting to the car?"

Do you think I would get to respond to a question that was clearly for me in front of a guy who hates for me to do something that is seen as "weak"?

"There's no need for it, Andrew is tough he can walk on his own."

The answer is no if you were having trouble.

"That's good you think that sir, but I'll wait for my patient to reply." He told my father who just rolled his eyes and scoffed. I smirked at the reaction before he went on. "So what do you think, Andrew?"

I could feel a cold stare in the back of my head and though a part of me wanted to say yes to help just to piss off my dad, I decided against it. "I'll be fine."

The doctor gave one nod of acknowledgment 
as he left the room. Leaving me alone with an exhausting person.

"Okay, well let's get out of this depressing place." I heard him speak as he got some stuff and passed them to me. "These are your things to carry not mine." I just gave him a blank stare while getting the belongings from his grasp and walking out of the hospital room.

~

"Andrew?" A voice called as steps got closer to where I was sitting on the couch.

I lowered the volume on the TV before turning to my right to see Haley and Nathan approaching. I didn't even get a chance to speak as Haley engulfed me in an immediate hug.

"Don't scare us like that again." I heard as she tightened her grasp on me.

"I love you but still weak," I uttered, resulting in her letting go quickly while apologizing repeatedly. "All good, Hales."