Crawling To Jumping

Hearing a scream and opening my eyes, seeing Mom looking down at me, made me feel confused. She was looking at me shocked, not my two sisters beside me, but me. then some weird thoughts went through me. What I know what "thoughts" means, It is like they had been there all along, but I know they have not? Even thinking these words is new. I am thinking them right now, but I know what they mean now. and I know I was one year's old yesterday, but now I know I'm 12 years old now?

It's very odd, and It feels normal. but not at the same time, I know how to speak, write, do math, history, and science, but I have no memories of growing up for the past 11 years. All I remember is wanting to put my hand in my triplet sister's mouth before falling asleep in my one-year-old body last night. And now, waking up, I am older, and being 12 it just feels... normal.

2 hours later

I am sitting in the kitchen feeling frustrated, with mom on the phone with the doctor. She does not believe I am her son, who somehow grew 11 years in one night and is as clever as most 12-year-olds. She started off and kept on asking, "Who are you, and what have I done with Ben?" (who is me). I just kept on telling her that I am her son, "Ben," and obviously, she does not believe me. I tried to tell her things that only I would know, but with only ever being a one-year-old, it really was not a lot.

I started to tell her my identical... who are now my younger twin sisters' names and what my favourite toys were, which just made her think I'm some kind of "young pervert?" But I had no idea what a pervert was?

Anyhow, when I said the name of my dad, that made her freeze for a second, and I told her how he died in a fire, remembering her crying while figuring out how she is going to look after us on her own, while holding me when I was crying as well.

And that led to her taking me with her into the kitchen, with her not taking an eye off me, and calling the doctors, maybe to get some sort of DNA test, well, that is what my new, older brain is telling me, knowing DNA is what makes us, us, right?

But she finally put the phone down and said, "Well, it seems this is not as crazy as it looks. There have been 2 cases of what you are saying, happening before in the last 100 years... and the doctor has asked us to go to him, and he will check you over and prove that you are really Ben, so I am going to get a babysitter for my two girls, and then we will go."

I just looked up and still feeling a little annoyed that she does not believe me that I am her son and said, "Okay, Mom," with her sighing, walking back to her phone to call Kelly, our babysitter. So I stood up and then realized looking down I was only wearing a pair of shorts and boxers, and said "mom what are we going to do about my clothes?"

Another 2 hours later, at the doctors

I was standing in front of a man in a white coat, looking very interested while prodding me. He is a child's doctor, and he said, looking at my mom, "This is definitely Ben." With her sighing and coming up to me, she hugged me and said, "Well, I guess this really is you then. I'm sorry I didn't believe you, but seeing how you are now a 12-year-old, it just seemed impossible. But I'm happy you have grown into a good-looking and healthy boy, Ben," feeling her hand going through my blond hair. I just hugged her back, happy that she actually believes me, that I am actually Ben, her son, and happily hugged her back, saying, "Thanks, Mom."

And after that, the doctor said he will sort out all my paperwork, so I am legally 12 now. Then my mom handed me her old coat, which I wore here, with my shorts I grow with be growing to 12. But we couldn't find any shoes what would fit my foot, so I have been barefoot.

It was kind of odd, feeling embarrassed having wear my mom's coat, it made me feel like I did not want to be seen like this, but there was nothing else to wear. and Knowing I was only wearing diapers happily yesterday with no care if people saw me with only a diaper on! it made me shiver, thinking about wearing a diaper now, which now is way to childish to do such a thing now!