ii. Origins 2

A very special thank you to TwitchtoastODST for the vote! And as promised, Iris's ladybug suit will be uploaded along with chapter three.

Enjoy!

[×]

Iris had been up all night. She had felt terribly guilty about what happened with Stoneheart and no amount of consolidation from Tikki seemed to help.

While Tikki was sleeping in the makeshift bed Iris had quickly prepared (she had stuffed cotton in some leftover fabric and made a 'bed' about a hands size), Iris was noting down ways to get the Parisians back to normal.

Destroy all of the objects the akuma might be in and purify the akumas?

Iris scratched that out while shaking her head, 'That wouldn't work. The akumatized aren't even moving.'

She sighed, 'I gave no idea what to do.'

The brown-eyed girl out down her notebook, opting to stare at the moon instead.

'This is all my fault.'

And a not so motivating afterthought:

'Ofcourse it is. It's always my fault.'

She paused her thoughts, 'Is this too much of depresso emo energy?'

Iris decided to be positive— to think of the good side of whatever happened today.

What good really did happen? Apart from being super badass

She shaked her head, 'Not the time, Iris. I'll fawn over myself after changing the akumatized to normal.'

Well, if Iris really had to think, making a new friend was quite positive. Although Chat Noir was very stupid when he used his power on the field goal, she couldn't really blame him. Even she had made a mistake. She frowned.

'And a much bigger one than his.'

No! No bad thoughts allowed! Think like Tikki!

Iris grabbed her diary—which was much more of a mix of sketches, never completed to-do lists and bullet points of everything wrong (and right) with her life—and opened her newest page. She stopped.

'I should make a new journal. What if someone found this? I would have the shortest secrecy in being a superhero ever.'

And so a new journal was made. Coincidentally, the cover was blood-red, with golden detailings of spiders.

Iris started doodling herself and Chat Noir, using Alya's news footage from earlier as reference.

'So instead of doing something about the akuma, you're drawing? really?'

She shaked her head, hugged, and drew with an aggressive determination, as if completing the sketch would prove the voice wrong. Perhaps in the early future she would realise how dumb this was.

After sketching the two of them in a fighting stance while Stoneheart approached in the corner, Iris added an arrow above it. She wrote:
'Pretty hard fight. I had fun, though. And made a new friend." She drew a pawprint.

She had completely forgotten the real reason she made a diary— to note down ways she could fix her problems. Oh well. She did work better under pressure, after all.