C H A P T E R T H R E E

"And I try to be tough

But I wanna scream

How could anybody do the things

You did so easily?

And I say I don't care

I say that I'm fine

But you know I can't let it go

I've tried, I've tried, I've tried

For so long

It takes strength to forgive

But I don't feel strong"
____
~ the grudge by Olivia Rodrigo

C H A P T E R T H R E E

Maeve was glad to be back home.

It was a lot of fun spending time with her dad and brother, but once they had Miguel with them it made things awkward.

She had planned the day out perfectly.

She'd go with Eli and Demetri to the tattoo studio to see Eli's new tattoo and after that the couple would go on a date together.

The girl was really excited for this. He'd changed back into the lovely boy he used to be and she was excited to explore this newer, calmer side of him.

But first she had to get breakfast at the Diaz household.

She was running late due to her helping her dad out with the graffiti on their van.

They entered the apartment together.

"Hey, I'm sorry we're late. Graffiti's a bitch to clean off. You should see my van." Johnny told them sitting down.

Maeve smiled apoplectically and sat down next to Rosa who smiled at her and rubbed her arm as a greeting.

"Should be illegal to deface someone else's property like that." Her dad continued.

"It is." Said Carmen.

Johnny looked shocked for a moment.

"I told you, but you wouldn't listen." Maeve told him chuckling.

"Shut up and eat your breakfast." Johnny told her jokingly.

They both looked down at their food.

"Well, this looks different." Johnny said disappointedly.

"Yeah I made it." Miguel said proudly.

Maeve looked up at him. This kid couldn't even make eggs without burning them.

"Oh, I forgot the orange juice. Uh, one second." He exclaimed and went to the fridge.

"Everything okay with you and Robby?" Carmen asked her dad once Miguel was out of earshot.

"Yeah, really good." Johnny answered smiling softly.

Maeve smiled to herself. She loved that they finally started to work things through. 

"Ride home was a little quiet though. I think things between him and Miguel are gonna take some time." Johnny added.

"Okay, orange juice." Miguel poured each of them a glass.