Universe 1 - Laughter

Author's POV

1:32 p.m.

Campus Grounds

"Did you hear about them dating?" Whispers spread all around as gossip continued to spread on campus grounds.

The silence was loud enough to speak up for itself. A bright red KIA Sorento SX Prestige Plug-in Hybrid stops by the entrance gate of the campus. A girl almost around 19 years old gets off the prestigious car. Her long, dark black, wavy hair flies with the breeze as it touches her back. Her lips had a natural tint of red lipstick on it. She continues to walk toward the back door of the university but gets stopped by her friends who are chatting like other friend groups.

Her friends motion her to join them.

"Come here Kim Iseul!" Miri yells.

Iseul responds, "Coming, Kim Miri!"

Sejin smiles at her crazy friends, catching Minhye looking Iseul asks, "Why, Minhye, are you embarrassed of us?"

The whole group bursts out laughing meanwhile, a gush of heat rushes toward Minhye's cheek. A smile tugs upon Minhye's lips watching her closest friends enjoying the moment because of her.

Iseul tries to speak through her laughter, "No- wait- you really said 'I don't know these people at all.'

Sejin comments, "You should see your face right now, it's priceless!"

The laughter finally died down with Miri holding her stomach.

Minhye recommended, "Let's go inside girls, enough of the laughter, everyone must be looking at us like we need to go to a mental hospital."

Sejin corrected, "No way, laughing is a special treatment and everyone should know that too."

Iseul and Miri gigled behind both of them who started bickering like always. Iseul shook her head, and noticed Miri's hand on her stomach, she diverted her gaze to Miri and raised one eye-brow in concern.

Iseul asked, "Are you okay?"

Miri just nodded and continued to walk alongside Iseul.

She responded, "I'm fine, just stressed for our exams."

Iseul nodded, "I understand, I'm really stressed too, they gave us a week off and I bet everyone already forgot everything, unless the studied at home too."

Miri looked around trying to avoid eye-contact with Iseul, she noticed it but decided to ignore it. Iseul knew personal space was something everyone needed at times. They continued to walk with each other, behind Sejin and Minhye

Walking into the school, through the back door, only to avoid the traffic in the university, they still bump into many people. Although, it was Saturday, in which most students had less classes, there seemed to be a lot of people gathering together in the halls of the huge campus. The white walls and the marbled floors shone under the sunlight which was entering from the huge windows.

Everyone was enjoying their time, and walking around, most of them probably gossiping about absolutely the smallest bit of things. The four girls were walking together and enjoying each others company, except, Miri, she had way too many things in her head to be able to talk like she usually would.

Suddenly, the four gossip girls entered the campus. One of them wore heels, that continued to click on the ground everytime she placed her foot on the floor, her long, black, straight hair with highlights of silver, was tied up into a messy bun and she wore a black half sleeve shirt with a black coat slung over her shoulders, the skirt she wore only reaching up to her mid-thighs, it was black and white striped. The other three girls suited a similar outfit to her, they considered her as their leader, Seyoung.

Seyoung walked up to Miri who was walking with Iseul, Sejin, and Minhye, a hard slap landed on her face as she stumbled down from the unexpected action, holding her stomach, and screamed in pain.

...........