I - He's Back 🧡

Shu Yamino is spinning his mechanical pencil on his thumb while staring outside the window. He is wearing a loose black sweatshirt and a pair or anti radiation glasses with rectangular frames. Everytime he sees that house next to his home, he can't help but sigh.

"I'm supposed to be the one living in that house" He looks through the window. The house next to his is a huge one with beautiful structures and refreshing ambiance. The roofs and balconies are well planned; from the landscape to the carport, even the ceilings, plumbing and feng shui were skillfully planned.

"What a shame" Shu sighs and stares at his new blueprint. He studied engineering and became a licensed Engineer in no time after passing the Board Exam. As to why he has been sighing and feeling regretful of that house next door: he had a bad experience.

"I was too naive" He says as if talking to himself and rolls the blueprint before putting it inside the tube. The blueprint is a plan for a house of the newly elected mayor in their area.

The story behind that house next door was too painful for Shu to remember. He wast just 14 years old the time when he first started making the floor plan of his dream house. His late father who died from colon cancer was an architect. The house that Shu currently living in is their original house. Before his father died, the old man had an unfinished Floor Plan when he suddenly got sick. The one who paid for the future house plan was a bigtime businessman who was the late man's best friend. The advance cash paid was used for Shu's father's medical expenses already. But Shu's father haven't finished the plan yet. His wife and only son might live a difficult life for leaving them his debts if he dies.

One time, Shu showed his masterpiece to his father to make the old man proud of him. Even with his conscience eating him, the adult stole Shu's plan and put his name as the designer of the Proposed Residential House. Shu's father thought, "Nobody will believe that a mere 14 year old kid made this amazing plan anyway"

Shu's father died a week after the plan was given and sumbitted for approval.

After a year, the house was completely built right next to their house which made Shu even more depressed. Aside from working hard and paying all the debts in the hospital because of his deceased father, his mother ddeveloped a terminal illness because of overwoking and raising Shu all by herself.

After two years of his father's death, Shu's mother followed his father and died. Shu wanted to leave that place so bad but he had no time for drama. He needed to survive on his own so he looked for ways to earn money while studying. Their house was big enough for him so he let the guys from his school to rent and live together with him. They gradually became close and paid Shu good amount. There were more than five occupants in that house in the past and they had some great memories before they graduated and parted ways.

Shu is financially stable and in good state now. The only thing that's left unhealed in his heart is that pride taken away by his father in the past. But maybe he could not blame his father afterall.

"It's just that I really feel lonely whenever I remember" He murmurs. He decided not to leave the house because he had some great memories under that roof anyway. He wanted to buy that dream house again just to satisfy himself. And that is impossible. A happy family is living in that house for years, the Rias family. The head of the Rias Clan was a businessman and Shu's father's best friend. Mr. Rias didn't know about the story behind their house and lived his whole life without guilt. He absolutely believed that his late best friend was the one who made the plan for him. Shu never mentioned it either.

Mr. Rias had two sons, Vox and the younger named Mysta. Vox lived together with his parents until he graduated high school. His younger brother Mysta was sent abroad when he was very young because of some confidential reasons.

Now that Mr. Rias is living with his wife alone, they decided to migrate to other countries and live there permanently. Vox refused to occupy the house because he has his own residence already. Now the house is empty and Shu felt the urge to buy it but the Rias family didn't want to sell it. Someone in the family is stopping them from selling the property.

"Sighs, get over it, Shu. You're a grown up now. Why fuss over something so basic?" He tries to convince himself.

After sending the blueprint to his client, Shu went to the bank and deposited some cash. He learned to be thrifty since he was young and it was a good practice to not spend too much for the things that you don't really need if you don't have that much extra money. It was hard to control at first but eventually he learned to spend lesser and lesser each day.

While walking towards his car, his phone rings. He presses the car key and sets the phone call via earpods, "Hello?"

There is a mischeivious laughter on the other line before the caller spoke, "Hi Shuey~ I'm back. Did you miss me?"

Shu's heart froze in shock and he almost dropped the key before he could start the engine of his car. The voice is somewhat strange yet familiar. He suddenly remembers that little boy who used to cling on him and follow him everywhere. Could this man be that kid?

"W-who is this?" Shu gulps the lump inside his throat and starts driving.

"Shuey~, don't be rude. It's me, your future husband. We made a promise, didn't we?" The guy on the other line chuckles. Shu is pretty sure it is him.

"I'll end the call if you keep this up-"

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry" Mysta pouts while holding his phone. He looks around the house and smiles, "I'm back to fullfill our promise. Come home now. I'm waiting for you here"

"Huh?" Shu's heart raced.

"I'm saying that I'm back. I went to your front door earlier but you were not home. I really miss you, Shu" Mysta's voice became sexy and manly in Shu's ears after so many years of not hearing him. Shu blushed and ended the call without letting the caller know.

He parks the car on the side street and pressed the 'Hazard' button, "Shoot! My heart won't stop marching"

He bites his nails like what he always do when he is nervous, "Should I go see him?"

μην με ξεχάσεις