"Blue" - The prologue

~3rd person POV~

The two 12 year old sat on the green grass. Their clothes will probably  be dirty later, but they could not care less as they continued to talk out about so many things. It was their first time meeting after the vacations.Vacations are usually fun but without each other it was a bit pale.

 The sky was blue, the flowers started to bloom again. It was Spring and they were very much excited to start a new year together- as friends or maybe a bit more than that.

Choi Jia, the brown hair girl started to go through the bag, they had brought together for this little picnic in their backyard. She took out two cans of apple juice.

"Let's have it." She said as she handed the boy the can.

"Did you watch the new season of the show we watched together before finals?" Jaeyun asks the girl as he opens the lid of the can.

A swift winds flows lifting the sides of the picnic blanket.

"Not really, I wanted to watch it with you" She paused as she was struggling to open the lid. He takes the can from her hand and opens it for her as she countinues "We started watching it together so finishing it alone would not be fair, technically."

"Well I did not watch it either. Do you want to watch it this sunday?" He asks as he hands over the can.

"Yeah, lets do it."

They both take sips of their apple juices. The apple juice was a common exchange between the two. It reminded them of each other. All the years they spent together. In the empty classrooms as they prepared for tests, while watching stupid romcoms, after  a long game of soccer, The can of apple juice always gave them a feeling of refreshness, comfort and home, maybe.

"Hey Jake" she blurts out excitedly.

"What is your favourite colour this year? You know how it changes every year" She says half-gigling.

"Blue" He says after a bit of thinking. "Huh? After stealing my homework and hair pins, you are stealing my favourite colour too?Have some originality Mr. Shim Jaeyun!" She exclaims in a defensive tone and they both laugh. This is what they both missed during the holidays. Stupid conversation, arguements and weird thoughts spoken out loud without the fear of bring judged.

He stays silent. It was not usual. He used to always be defensive and throw a counter agruement at the speed of light.She nudges his shoulder a bit. "Why are you so speechless?" She says pushing both her lips together and then laughs a bit.

"Blue" He looks up to the sky, "The sky is blue, the ocean, your hair pins, your notebooks. Blue is everywhere. You're everywhere. You like blue. Blue reminds me of you. Blue, it is my favourite colour and I know it will stick" He says directly looking at her blue eyes.

"Even your eyes." 

Her checks flush a shade of pink, a light one.

"Did something happen to you during the holidays?" She says as she  looks away, trying to hide her face.

"That's kind of mean" 

"How so?"

"It is."
He smiles so purely at her, a smile only meant for her to see. Her hands were centimetres apart from his. She wanted to close this gap, he wanted too. But alas, they did not. Not even that year, or the year later or even the next 6 years.

~~~

"I say I don't want to see you, I don't miss you, I don't want you, I never waited for you. But we both know I'm wrong, so make me realize I'm wrong. Mr.Shim Jaeyun."