No Blues After Him

Choi Jia, the daughter of the Founder and CEO of  SUNJIA Enterprises just landed, in Brisbane, Australia after living the past few years studying in England. She entered her house. Familiar settings absorb her fully, as memories flash. Some bitter, some sweet. All unforgotten. 

She greets her mother and father with a tight hug and bows to the maids and other workers. Some had been working in their place for many decades, they were almost family to her. Her brother , the only Choi Jisung walks up to her and hugs her.

"It hurts" She says clenching her teeth and glare at him. " Ah, such a fragile being. I'm sorry!" He says , sarcasm floating in his so missed voice. She hits him lightly and they all laugh.

"Now that you're here I can rest a bit and make you do all the work." He says jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah, you are still a lazy brat, arent you?" She exclamis rolling her eyes.

"Okay! Enough of your cat fight. Jia go to your room and take some rest, you must be tired."Her father exclaims which stops the nagging of the two siblings who missed each other so much yet will probably not say it loud.

"Yes Jia, go take some rest I will call you later for lunch." Mrs. Choi says and gestures her to go upstairs where her bedroom used to be.

She nods and walks upstairs.

She walks into the last room on the left. It now had beinge walls and orange curtains matching to that of the rest of the house. She remembered after she had got the best scores in the finals, her father asked what she wanted. She said " um, if it's possible change the colour of the walls curatins and anything that is blue in my room, yeah that is what i want." Her father was confused and a bit laid back at this request and without asking futher he said it would be done. He figured maybe her tastes changed. 

The new room was, well dull, in a sense not so exciting. There used to be many any posters of her favourite band or shows. Now,There were no pictures on the nightstand and the photo collage on her wall was missing. Well, after all she was one who took them off. She changed a lot after that one day, that one week, that one month. She changed herself, her room and her interests. The pain of those days was just so unbearable that she thought it was better to just push them all under the rug.

She changed into a yellow tshirt and a grey sweatpants and drifted off to sleep, afterall the jetlag gave her headaches. 

Knock, knock

a faint knock woke her up after what seemed like an eternity. "Come in" She barely spoke as she rubbed her eyes harshly.

It was her brother. He sat on the corner of the bed and simply asked "Did you change the colour because it still reminds you of him, huh?" 

She was taken aback by his words. No ofcourse not, he did not matter to her now. He was gone and there was no need of him now. That's what she told herself all these years. But she could not say the same to him, he knew her too well. She decided it would the best not to reply as any answer, any arguement would be useless and most probably fatal.

He chuckled a bit and changed the topic. 

~~~

"If I ever had a thousand lifetimes, I would choose to be with you in all those lifetimes."