Finale

"Colby! I got the letter!" Sam rushed through the door, throwing his backpack and jacket onto the paint-speckled carpet and running into the lounge where Colby rushed to greet him. The raven-haired, also threw things onto the ground, but for him, it was painting supplies.

The two boys, now boyfriends, had been in a relationship for just over six months now and had moved into an apartment together. It may've seemed a bit early, but they couldn't wait to leave together. Colby was taking a gap year to help renovate their new home, while Sam was applying to all of the best universities and colleges in the country, and he had just gotten a letter sent from one.

"Open it, quick!" Colby hopped over a step ladder, and sprinted over to his love, almost ripping the envelope from his hands himself in anticipation. "What does it look like I'm doing." Sam was also desperate to open it, ripping it with his nails, teeth, and even punching it out of minor frustration. Eventually though, it opened, but Sam realised something, and he paused from his ecstatic movements, and stared into nothing, while handing Colby the slip of paper that would decide their fate for the next few years.

*

I could tell by the look on his face that he was nervous, but it was explained. He probably felt that If he didn't get in, it would be the end of him.

Sam had applied to two other high-end universities further away in the country, but he didn't get into those. Disappointing, but expected to a degree. This College, however, was perfect in his eyes though. It wasn't to far away from our apartment, meaning that it was in a prime position and easy to get to, It had the options of all of the classes that Sam wanted to take, and there was a good chance that Nate was going there, so it would all work out well.

"I want you to read it to me," I saw him look to me out of my peripheral vision, as I looked at the neatly folded, branded slip of parchment that held the answers that we both wanted so desperately, yet wanted to run away from.

*

What if I don't get in, I'll have to take a gap year aswell, but one year will turn into two which will turn into three, and before I know it we won't have any money and then Colby will break up with me and then I'll be homel-

His hand gripped mine.

*

"To one Mister Samuel John Golbach,
we at fancy-pants College pride ourselves in being-"

"Could you read properly, please? And just skip to the actually important bit instead of all of the nonsense filler."

"Fine. So, Mr. Goldbach, we are excited to inform you that you have been accepted into-"

I hugged and picked him up before I could finish the whole sentence, but I didn't need to to know the answer. He kissed me with joy as I spun him around in my arms.

Nothing could've made that moment better.

"We need to get you all of the merchandise for the school," I returned back to normal Colby as soon as I put him back down, "you know, the beanie, the bomber jacket, little flags- Oh, I know! We need to get you some of the foam fingers! One for each hand, no, each limb!"

"Colby, jeez, this is a college acceptance letter, not fangirl-ing over Justin Beiber."

*

"Have you got everything? Money? School books? Highlighters? I spent alot of money on those highlighters, Sam."

"Yes, I've got got everything, mom."

"Sorry babe, I'm just excited that's it!" I leaned in through the passenger window so that I could get a better view of Colby, who sat in the driver's seat. It was my first day of College, the moment that I had been waiting for my whole life, but I was scared. I didn't even need to tell Colby this though, and that was one of the many reasons why I had fallen in love with him.

"Hey, you'll be alright." he rubbed my lower arm in sympathy. Nate hadn't gotten in, so I wasn't going to know anybody there, and that was my biggest fear of all.

"Thank you, babe."

"Look, I'm sure you'll make alot of new friends, seeing how likable you are." He smiled. I checked my watch, "Shit! I better go, love you!" I kissed his hand, and then ran to my first class.

I realised as I walked the quickly emptying halls, that I should've organised to get a locker quicker, as there was no chance that I was going to get one now. Some people had already started decorating them.

One thing I did do early though, is find out what classes I had and where they were located, so my first class was easy to arrive at. It was a good thing that I did know where I was going, because it meant that I made up for any time that I wasted for being a bit late.

I sat at one of three desks that were empty, and started taking out the books I had that corresponded with the class. When I looked up after thumping down the hefty pages, I realised that two people had sat down next to me in the empty seats while I wasn't looking. The one right next to me was a girl only slightly shorter than me, with short blonde hair. The one sitting behind her, was a girl with long black hair and some tattoos along her upper arms.

The blonde girl spoke, "Hi! I'm Kris! This is Celina," she pointed at the girl behind her, who leaned forwards to take a look at me and wave to me eagerly, "we moved here from Canada earlier this year." A few silent seconds went past, and then Celina talked, "You know what? You seem lonely, wanna be friends?"

(I'm crying of sadness right now, how is this the end??? What did y'all think  of the cringey final?)