20. I Love You 🫀

Abhimaan's POV 

Today is finally the day that Aradhna and I are getting engaged. I have been eagerly awaiting this moment for a long time. Right now, the entire house is abuzz with preparations for the evening. Most of my close relatives have already arrived to join in the celebration. My Bua is also here, accompanied by her daughter, Rishita, and Rishita's best friend, Avni.

I've never been particularly fond of my Bua, nor do I hold any affection for Rishita. They've always had a knack for looking down on my sister and my mothers, both Radha Maa and Shraddha Maa. As for Avni, she's an added nuisance, constantly trying to get closer to me. I find her presence quite irritating and only tolerate her because of Bua and her daughter. However, if any of them attempts to pull any stunts tonight or speak ill of my beloved Aradhna, I fear I won't be able to restrain myself.

"Abhi, Bache come here." Maa called me.

"Ji maa" I went near her.

"Beta, you go and get ready, we need to go the Temple before the engagement, Aradhna's family wants you to sit in a Puja, before the engagement." Maa said

"Ji Maa." I said and went to get ready.

Once I got ready, we headed to the temple and did the Puja, Aradhna wasn't present there as only I had to perform the Puja. We left for the venue and I was feeling nervous and excited at the same time for the surprise that I have plained for my Jaan. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Aradhna's POV

I was all ready for my engagement. Everyone had already left for the temple. Only I, Bhabhi and Jay were at home. We left for the engagement venue. 

Right now I am standing outside the venue. Bhabhi asked me to wait for a few minutes and she has gone inside to check all the arrangements. 

I was waiting when I received a text from Bhabhi asking me to come inside. I went inside and when I entered, everything was dark.

"Hello?" I shouted. For a moment I thought I went inside the wrong garden but as I moved forward a string of fairy lights above me illuminated. I took the next step and another step of fairy lights illuminated. With overstep, a string of fairy lights lighted up creating a beautiful canopy above my head. 

Once I reached the last step, I heard a voice from behind me and I turned around. I saw a huge picture of my and Maan's first interaction, during Meera's engagement where the photographer assumed us to be a couple. In that Picture, I was about to fall but Maan had caught me and then a voice came, a very familiar voice, my Maan's voice, "This was the first time I had seen you, the first time my heartbeat was so loud that I thought my heart might explode. Thank-God for that photographer who had clicked this picture. I remember him calling us a couple, well little did he know." He said and chuckled. 

I heard a sound from my right and turned towards the direction, it was the picture of Me and Him with his one hand on my waist and the other freeing my hand from that Vaibhav guy's hand. The guy mom had arranged a meeting with on Meera's Mehendi. Maan's voice again ran in my my ears as he said," I was waiting for one whole week to meet you after Meera's engagement and when I finally saw you, I was enraged to see another guy around you, I would like to admit that I was jealous to see you laughing with him and couldn't control myself from coming towards you." I laughed. 

A sound came from my left and I turned towards the direction, it was the Picture of Me and Maan dancing together for the first time on Meera's sangeet. Maan's voice again reached my ear as he continued speaking," This was the first time that I enjoyed dancing, I danced with you on a song which accurately described my feelings for you, Kyuki Jabse humne aapko dekha hai, aap hmari jaan bangayi hai." He said and I had tears in my eyes.