Fourth chapter

A month later
The new queen was busy attending her classes. Not to mention she hated all of them.
Walking through the corridor to her room Lily was feeling exhausted. She actually intended to just go take a shower and directly go to sleep afterwards.
The servants waiting for her in the room didn't waste time to take her clothes off, bring her to the bathroom and wash her clean the second she entered the chamber.
What was going on? She was confused.
They styled her hair, did her makeup and put in revealing clothes. Slowly but surely she started noticing what was about to happen.

Minutes later the emperor entered the room, and everyone bowed. Ciel approached her quietly, his eyes focused on her and nothing else. Her Skin was glowing, while her eyes sparkled with a rare green... And of course, Lily was in another world full of brutal imagination, and her face revealed her situation as it showed all the expressions of embarrassment and fear together.
She felt his body getting close enough to her, then she felt the coldness of his hand that landed on her cheek, holding her, and the other pulling her hair away from her face. A voice came out saying: "Leave me and my queen alone."
Everyone smiled and some laughed as they left knowing what would happen here.

Meanwhile, Lily was praying to the gods in heavens, but she returned to reality when she felt a cold breeze coming to her as Ciel's body moved away from her. Lily fluttered her eyes open to find Ciel smirking.
A knowing and self-satisfied smirk.
He looked at her from a distance. "Sleep and rest, my queen," he said maliciously and went out to the balcony. Was she sad that he rejected her? No, of course not, she quickly turned toward the bed, laid on it while adjusting herself in the silk sheets, trying to sleep, though her body was still in a state of tremble.
She hated him.

————————
The next day Lily woke up to the news that her mother-in-law, Alinora, wanted to see her.
She was living here for over a month and only now did she want to meet her.
Lily started getting ready, or more like they started torturing her like they did yesterday.

As she entered the large room where Alinora was sitting drinking her tea, she bowed her head. "Good morning your majesty" she said softly.
Lily regrated talking to her cheekily at the wedding.
"My dear, how are you?" her voice was high peached.
"Fine your majesty."
"And when will you bring the good news to the kingdom."
"Which news my queen" Lily was baffled.
"Every queen has to bring the kingdom an heir, my child, to assure her place."
Lily didn't care about this position, but being passively there was not going to help. You will never survive in a royal family without asserting yourself.
She needed the crown prince, she needed the power, the child will assure her that.

"To be honest, the minute I saw you in front of me for the first time, I knew that I would get tired again. I don't like your innocence at all. You're weak even in your personality. How will you win Ciel's admiration? Have you thought about that? How are you going to make him fall for you?" Alinora remained silent, focusing her full attention on Lily.
"Really, how would you do that?"
"I... I-I don't know."
"Do you want me to help you.?"
She knew this woman was a devil, but she would rather make a pact with the devil than dying.
"Yes" she said with a forced smile.
After a long talk Lily exited the room with a headache.

Then she completed her tour of the royal palace.... According to what she remembered from her lessons, she must leave a good impression in the eyes of the servants, so she has been spreading warm smiles since she woke up. This is despite her extreme annoyance at the dresses of the maids and some of the concubines that she encounters in the corridors of the palace. It was late autumn, and the dress code surely wasn't meant for this weather.
Once again it shows her the clear resembles between her father and her husband. In their eyes women were just creature for display, like some kind of dolls.
Little did she knew that the inner court was managed by Alinora and the king had no say in that.