VIII

Friends? Doesn't sound like the worst thing right? Well, you're wrong because it is the worst thing that could've happened.

How so? Okay. Imagine being so close to your crush and still, you can't do anything but be friends even after you've confessed and to top it all off. They completely disregard the fact that you ever confessed, and pretend you never even put your heart on a platter just for them.

It's honestly worst then being laughed at. Nah, being rejected might've hurt a little less now that Jungwon looks at it because there's no way Sunoo can just pretend he didn't just confess to him and asked him out to go eat wings with him.

How fucking stupid is that.

"So are we on a date?"

"A friendly date, yes. We're on a date"

"Pft you didn't have to go the extra mile and explain that you know?" Jungwon mocks "Could've just said no"

"Just shut the fuck up and eat you god damn fries before I leave"

Jungwon gulps, damn. Sunoo isn't as chatty as he thought he'd be and please don't ask him why he thought so. He just did okay?

"Who orders fries at a wing place anyway" Sunoo mumbles more to himself as he takes a bite of his boneless chicken wing.

"You can't say that! You have no right to when you're eating that" Jungwon attacks back, shoving a fry in his mouth.

Sunoo scoff,"Why? Whats wrong with what I'm eating?" He folds his arma across his chest and raises an eye brow at him.

Jungwon shrugs"You're eating boneless chicken wing- actually no. My bad, those are more nuggets then anything"

"*Scoff* Chicken nuggets? You must be high because they aren't even close to chicken nuggets" Sunoo bangs his fists on the table before continuing "I'm a broke med student, I have to get the bang for my buck and I'm not spending extra money on bones"

Now that Jungwon stops to think about it? This argument is completely pointless and why the fuck is he tryna fuss up some shit with his crush anyway? Has he officially gone crazy because that's what it looks like.

But then again, Sunoo was the one who started and Jungwon isn't wrong for having plain taste buds! He just can't handle the spice man and Sunoo just had to bring him to a spicy wing place so please, just let him enjoy his tasteless potatoes in peace.

"Let's change the subject, this is pointless" Sunoo rolls his eyes "Why did you ask me to come with you? Surely Beomgyu or Winter would've been down to tag along"

Sunoo parts his lips to speak but stops to sigh and wipes his hands clean on a paper towel before raising his hand to ask the waiter for their check.

Jungwon waits for an answer but Sunoo doesn't even give him one. Which drives him just a little bit more insane then he already is.

God forbid, he's never regretted something more.

"You can't just ignore me Sunoo" He sighs out, looking at his side profile "I confess-"

"And I asked you to be my friend" Sunoo finally fires back "Can we please...not talk about this?" He takes a deep breath "I'm trying to have a good time"

Good time huh? Well Jungwon isn't having a very good time. He hates it actually. He hates how easy it is for Sunoo to be so nonchalant about the whole ordeal.

But then again, who is he to disagree with Sunoo?

Letting out another sigh, Jungwon nods and takes out his card, pushing back Sunoo's to give his card to the waiter and proceeds to eat the last bits of his french fries.

"You didn't have to you know? I can pay for myself" Sunoo deadpans but Jungwon only shrugs before looking at him again.

"Doesn't really matter" he chuckles "take this as a thank you for all those chocolate milks" he smiles remembering the chocolate milk and sticky note he got everyday for a whole month.

Bitter sweet is how Jungwon would explain his relationship with Sunoo. Sometimes it's good and other times? It's not so good.

But, as long as it's with Sunoo. Everything is barrable.

"Why do they look so sad?" Karina whispers to Winter.

"I-I don't know" She stutters back, nervous at the closeness.

Never in her 22 years of life would she have thought of being this close to her crush. Screw that, the idea of Karina proposing to meet and stalk their friends alone was enough to keep her up the whole night before.

This must be a dream. At least, that's what it felt like.

"Oh shit! They're looking in our direction" Karina whispers slightly above a yell and in a moment of panic, she pulls winter closer to herself, smashing their lips together in a desperate attempt of hiding from their friends.

And Winter thinks, she might just faint.

After a few seconds -which felt more like an eternity to Winter- Karina finally breaks the kiss and looks at her with her mouth fallen in a shocked look and eyes almost bulging out.

Winter thinks she looks comical like this.

"You're" Karina blurts "It's you"

Huh? Wait, what does Karina mean by that?

"What?" Winter questions with a slight tilt.

For a moment, Karina doesn't say a word and just looks at her face which for some reason makes Winter very uncomfortable.

Not that she's ever gonna stop Karina from staring though.

Winter is about to break into a nervous chuckle but Karina suddenly pulls her into a big warm hug.

"I've finally found you omg" She whispers "it's you isn't it? The girl I kissed at Minas party?"

Oh my fucking god. SHE REMEMBERS HER AHHH!! Karina remembers kissing her?!? As in, she remembers kissing Winter even though she was drunk!

Winter could die right now and she'd be happy.

No seriously, because she feels likes fainting at any moment.

"Say something Winter" Karina urges and Winter finally nods, a soft smile spreading across her lips.

"Yes, it's me"
_________________________________________
Finally! We've got movement yay~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and it wasn't too shabby (not my fav chapter but it'll do)

Have a good day!! I love you guys so so much!! Make sure to eat well and stay hydrated :]