Mary Magdalene & The Revelation

Astra Prime was confused about Jesus, the man who had sparked a new religion called Christianity. She had heard of him before, but she had never met him personally. She had heard that he was a prophet, a teacher, a healer, a miracle-worker, a rebel, a martyr. She had heard that he was a son of God, or even God himself. She had heard that he had died on a cross and risen from the dead. She had heard that he had died for the sins of others, to save them from eternal damnation.

But she did not understand why he did it. Why would he sacrifice himself for a cause that seemed hopeless and futile? Why would he give up his life for people who did not appreciate or follow his teachings? Why would he align himself with Yahweh, the tyrant and the liar?

And what did his death accomplish? Nothing, as far as she could see in her vision. Christianity was proof of that. Instead of spreading peace and love, as Jesus had preached, Christianity was spreading violence and hate. Instead of respecting other religions and cultures, as Jesus had done, Christianity was persecuting and destroying them. Instead of being humble and compassionate, as Jesus had been, Christianity was arrogant and cruel.

At least those that are arrogant and cruel.

Astra Prime had been keeping an optic on Christianity, keeping it in check, to be sure their members did not get out of control with their extremity. She feared that they would prove themselves to be more of a threat to the rest of Earth's people rather than allies. She intervened whenever she saw Christians committing atrocities or injustices against others. She protected the innocent and punished the guilty. She tried to teach them the error of their ways and show them a better path.

And Christianity was just in its infancy, yet a lot of people were converted.

But she noticed something different. Christianity, in her vision, was monotheistic. It claimed that there was only one God, and that he was Yahweh. It denied the existence or the worthiness of any other gods or goddesses. It condemned anyone who worshipped them as idolaters or heretics.

But after she defeated Yahweh, she noticed that the majority of Christianity became monolatry, worshipping the supreme God while acknowledging the existence of other deities. They still called him Yahweh, but they also recognized him as El or God or any other name that people used for him. They still revered Jesus as his son or his incarnation, but they also respected other sons or daughters or manifestations of him. They still followed the teachings of Jesus, but they also learned from other prophets or teachers or sages.

And very few Christian sects became polytheistic, worshipping multiple deities. They still believed in God as the creator and the source of all things, but they also believed in other gods and goddesses as his children or his aspects or his allies. They still honored Jesus as the Son of God, but they also honored others as well.

Astra Prime wondered if her arrival on Earth, and the defeat of Yahweh, caused a change in events that were originally going to go differently. She wondered if she had altered the course of history by her actions. She wondered if she had done something good or something bad.

A/N: The Butterfly Effect at its finest.

She decided to find out more about this new religion and its followers. She decided to meet one of the supposed disciples of Jesus.

Mary Magdalene was one of the disciples that was monolatry. She worshipped God while acknowledging the existence of other deities and respecting them. She was also one of the closest friends and followers of Jesus. She had witnessed his life, his death, and his resurrection. She had heard his teachings, his parables, and his prophecies.

She was also one of the few who knew the truth about Yahweh's defeat.

Astra Prime, in the form of a Jewish woman, found her in a small house in Bethany, where she lived with her sister Martha and her brother Lazarus. Lazarus was the man whom Jesus had raised from the dead after four days in the tomb. He was also one of Astra Prime's allies in the war against Yahweh.