Homecoming

Ashley unlocks the door to her apartment and walks inside. She drops her bag and hangs up her coat on the hook along with her hat. Ashley rolls her neck from side to side and takes off her shoes. Ashley works as an office worker at the SSR organization. She loves it actually, shes was really involved during the war. She was never in the field, always stayed behind. Not that she mind, she knew she was needed there.

As she was working, she would write letters to her love, Bucky. They would write back and forth, even if it was to say 'I love you. ' Bucky got some time off for a few months in '43 so he spent those months with Ashley, making the most of the time he had. Bucky and Ashley met when they were in college, and sparks flew. Ashley was a shy girl, always having her nose in a book and never really talking to anyone. Bucky noticed her, every quality of hers.

Ashley was shocked when he first talked to her, so shocked she basically ran away from him. But Bucky, he knew that there was something special about her, something that she didn't know. It was a challenge but he was able to hold a conversation with her. It was... nice. Ashley felt comfortable with him, she felt something. Overtime they went out and soon they became a thing. Ashley never felt more happiness then woth Bucky, he brought something special out of her, made her feel special.

A year after they both graduated, Ashley got a job at the SSR organization and Bucky applied for the military. Bucky would come home from training exhausted and Ashley would be there for him, encouraging him to go on and continue working hard. And it paid off.

Ashley and Bucky have gotten closer and closer, their love for each other continued to grow. As the year 1940 hit, Bucky was drafted to go overseas. Based on the reports Ashley has read, she didn't want him to go, even if it was his duty. Ashley had a hard time letting go of him at the airport, wondering if he would even come back to her. Bucky told her, over and over that he loved her and that he would always come back to her. Always.

Ashley walks futher into the apartment, she goes to the counter and turns on the radio. Jazz music begins to play and she hums to it softly. Ashley sits at the kitchen table and picks up a newspaper, reading it.
Ashley flips through the paper, she clears her throat. "When did you come home?"

"Not too long ago" Bucky responds. Ashley nods and turns around, facing him. "I was worried"

"I know" Bucky walks further towards her. "I missed you"

"I still do" she whispers. "Even though your right in front of me" Ashley stands up and sets the paper down. She looks up at Bucky. "Where were you?"

"Had to pay a visit to my father, had some things to discuss" he says. He looks down at her neck and smiles. "You still have the ring"

She reaches up and holds it. "You told me not to take it off"

Bucky smiles and kisses her forehead. "And you listened"

"I didn't know if you were coming back" she says. "It was hard not knowing"

Bucky takes a step back. "I know, I thought the same" he takes a sit on the couch. "What would you do darling"

"Bout?" Ashley asks confused.

"If I didn't come back" Bucky says. Ashley shakes her head. "Bucky don't think like that"

"Like what? Ashley I'm asking an honest question"

Ashley shakes her head. "Its a stupid one"

Bucky sighs. "Ash-"

"I don't know! I don't know what I would do, I don't even know what do to" Ashley exclaims. "But I don't need to think bout that, you're here and that's all that matters"