19.Coronation Day

There are those moments in your life when you can feel totally happy and complete and that's exactelly how Katara was felling.For the past two days her and Zuko were enjoying each other's company and were having long walks in the palace's gardens.Katara loved the mild weather of the fire nation and was enjoying the sun and the beautiful flowers.

The world was finally at peace.You could smell the freedom from milles. But things were going to be difficult.All the other nations had lost their trust to the Fire nation so Zuko and Aang had to fight yo restore peace to the world.And today it was Zuko's coronarion day!In those two days they were all trying to heal.They freed everyone who was in jail because of the war,including Mai and TyLee.And thankfully for Katara, Mai had fallen in love with a soldier she had met while in prison.He was a young firebender,son of the leader of the prison and he was helping Mai all this time in secret.Kemil and Mai were both happy and in love and bow they were free to enjoy their love.

Ty Lee on the other hand had asked Suki if she could join the Kyoshi Fighters.Suki had see the circus girl fighting and her powers was exactelly what she needed at Kyoshi Island.At first everyone , especially Sokka,were shocked but later they accepted TyLee on their groupe.

Toph didn't talk much.Today she was going to meet her parents again after all this time and she was both happy and scared.Happy beacause she had trully missed them but sad as she was afraid they were going to be mad and treat her like a mistress in distress again.

Hakoda and his children were going to be reunited again and this time for ever.The watertribe family was so happy to be united again.

Katara was standing in front of her mirror.Zuko had given them all their chambers had given them permission to decorate it as they liked.Katara hadn't changed many things.She had only added some blue inside the completely red bedroom.The beautiful waterbender was starring at her reflexion and was totally admiring her figure.She was wearing a long silk blue kimono with birds and blue fire on it.It was an amazing dress.Her hair were falling loose on her shoulders and they reached her upper hip in well shaped curls.They were no longer full of combs and dirt because of the sleep on the ground.Her make up was really simple and just enough to make her look even more prettier than she already was.She then added a perfume with the aroma of roses and smiled brightly when she thought of her prince.He would be amazed by her appearance today.

As she was ready to leave the room someone entered.It was Toph!She was wearing dark green robes and for the first time her black hair were not in a messy but but were falling beautifully on her back.They were long and curly and Katara could say the other girl was more than just beautiful.But there was something wrong with her.Her cloudy gray-green eyes were watery and tears were falling down her rosy cheeks.

"Toph are you alright?"Katara asked worried.The other girl nodded negatively and embraced Katara that took her in her arms as her older sister.Maybe as a mother.

"Are you nervous for your parents?"asked Katara as Toph released her from the tight hug.

"I'm trying not to think about them."she said and then added."I look hideous ,don't I?"

At that Katara was more than angry."Toph are you out of your mind.I barelly recognised you today.You look si beautiful."said Katara as she wipped some of the other girl's tears away.

"Don't say that because you pity me!"Toph snapped and was ready to start crying again.
"I'm not saying that because I pity you Toph.I'm saying that because it's the truth.You can sense if I'm laying,can't you!Come one Toph!Put your best smile on cause I'm sure Aang will fall head over hills for you!"

At that Toph looked scared.She hadn't tell anyone for her feelings.
"How do you know?"she asked.
"You knew for me and Zuko and as I was already in love I could recognise the signs."

"Do you think there might be a chance he likes me back?".Her worried expression was killing Katara on the inside.She didn't want to give her fake hope but for some reason she new Aant would like her.They completed each other just like she and Zuko did to each other.

"Don't worry Toph!You are beautiful and Aang will fall for you today and in my opinion madlly."and with that the two girls left the room,giggling and walking gracefully down the corridors.All servants on their way were greeting them with big smiles and were saying"Good evening Master Toph!"
"How are you today Princess Katara!".

And you are probably wondering why Princess Katara.Because she was the daughter of the chief of the Southern Water Tribe and was crowned as princess,just like Yue used to be for the North.

During the ceremony Katara was holding her tears with difficulty.As Fire Lord Zuko made his speech and talked about peace and unity with Aang by his side Katara couldn't be more proud.For a brief moment their eyes were locked and she smiled at him giving him courrage to continue.He was only eighteen and already had a difficult and heavy burden on his shoulders.A burden Katara was willing to help him carry!

After the ceremony there was a big feast and all around the big capital of the fire nation everyone was celebrating.It was that moment when Katara found a chance to go closer to him.She had taken Toph with her as Zuko was talking with Aang and it was time for both girls to make their move on them.
"I'm sorry to interrupt you my Lord but there it is an emergency."she said and a smirk found its way to her lips as she saw his eyes widening at her sight.
"I'm sorry Avatar Aang but you may keep company to my friend here!"a d with that Toph was revealed.Katara didn't have a chance to see his reaction as she had already dragged Zuko on a lonely balcony.

"Finally!"she said but Zuko was mesmerized starring at her.
Her eyes narrowed before saying"Like what you see my Lord?"
He shoke his head and said"You are more than beautiful!"it was almost a whipear but loud enough for her to hear.Slowly they leabed closer and their lips met yet again.They felt so happy and so complete at this moment.They were the only ones on this planet!

"So how do you feel now that you're finally the Fire Lord?"
"I don't know!Strange I guess!"
She giggled and he kished her again.They were walking at the garden now as fireflies were flying around them.They sat by a small pond and Katara was resting her head on his shoulder.
"I'm so happy my Zuko!"
"I'm happy too Katara!This feels so right at this moment!"

"I don't wanna ever leave you!"
"You won't if you don't want to!"he reassured her and hugged her tighter.
"I love you!"
"I love you too!"

Somewhere else in the palace

"Toph?Is that you?"Aang asked as he was starring in amazement at the blind earthbender.

"Hello Aang!"she said.
"You look so...em...so...beautiful!"he finally said and Toph blushed furiously for the first time in her life.

"Thank you Aang!"she said with embarassment.

"You wanna dance ?"he asked while breaking an akward silence.She just nodded and let him lead her to the dance floor where he taught her how to dance.

And later that night,under the moonlight,Toph and Aang shared their first kiss!

********
I was planning on writing more for this story but I like it that way and plus I want to focus on something new!So wait for one more chapter probably and the epilogue!It'll be up soon!!!

Vote+Comment

Love,
Katerina!!