how things could've gone

to say i was pumped for the match to start was, surprisingly, an understatement. i was practically vibrating with excitement as vlad king exclaimed that it was time for the third match, and the boys noticed, but didn't really comment. well, except for ojiro.

"wow, sasaki. i'm not used to seeing you so excited for a fight," he says, chuckling slightly as i hop from one foot to another. i just grin at him in return, though it was hidden behind my mask.

"i know, it's weird to me, too."

as we walked, we noticed todoroki was zoning out and tried to catch his attention. when he finally looked up, iida asked if he was alright, to which the boy just said that it was nothing before the conversation continued.

"todoroki's facial expressions don't change that much, so i couldn't tell. i can't believe you noticed."

"as class rep, i must watch all my classmates and offer a hand to those who are troubled!" iida exclaims proudly, raising his helmet above his head.

"you seem really cheerful. you always do, though," shoji comments, piquing all our interest as we realize he was right.

"recently, my brother's recovery has been going well."

"that's great, iida!" i say, smiling at him before grimacing once i again realize he can't see my mouth.

he places his helmet on his head, saying, "i also have the duty to uphold my brother, ingenium's honor. i'm watching everyone, but that means everyone's watching me, too. i was third place at the sports festival! i'll show everyone the strong spirit of a successor!"

with that, we waited for the match to start. and soon enough, it did.

immediately, it kicked off with us being able to witness part of the course being damaged from a bit away. and it was somewhat obvious, based off who we knew was on the opposite team, just who was damaging their surroundings.

"what's that?"

"there are intermittent sounds of metal grating. it's probably tetsutetsu," shoji states in response to ojiro, and i nod in agreement.

"definitely him."

"the sound of metal being destroyed is continuing. from the reverberations, it sounds like he's destroying their surroundings."

todoroki speaks up, saying, "the other team probably intends to have a head-on battle."

"it's a head-to-head battle, huh? then, it'll be easier to deal with them, too."

"don't underestimate them, though. just like in the other matches, if we do that, we have better chances of losing," i comment once ojiro says that, and he gives me a sheepish nod at my words as we all prepare to head towards the commotion.

"alright, let's do this, class a, team 3!"

as we traveled through the fake city, i stayed above and out of sight compared to the other three, stealthily swinging myself around while keeping an eye on the others. hearing ojiro from below as he suggested we split up now, i follow through as they do, but stick to high places as i approach the class b team.

todoroki was quick to make his first attack. but iida was also quick to fall into the trap honenuki set by managing to soften the ice, as well as his surroundings once iida tried to start his part of the plan.

maybe we should've listened more to neito's stupid fucking rants about his classmates

'really now'

shut it, bitch

thankfully, the place i was hiding in hadn't been randomly softened, like where ojiro had ended up when he tried maneuvering around. because of that, kaibara launched himself to attack the tailed teen with his rotating fists and feet.